Chances of Gameday at Nebraska for Ohio State

knapplc

49 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I do find it funny that most of us pretend we hate ESPN and College Game Day...but now we would love it to be in Lincoln.  

I'll be honest and say that the reason I'm not keen on it is because I just really don't think we have much of a chance of actually winning the game.

I do think we have decent odds of beating Wisconsin & Iowa this year with our current trajectory, though.

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If we show another big jump in play this week against Illinois with a good win on the road, I could see is right on the edge of being ranked.

We were in the "others getting votes" on the coaches poll this week. A good showing against Illinois and we could definitely jump there and into the AP as well.

If we end up ranked I think Gameday comes for sure.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

#19 Washington State travels to Salt Lake City to take on #10 Utah

#21 Virginia travels to #7 Notre Dame 

Either one of these two are probably a stronger bet.

However a blowout win vs Illinois with sharp play from AM would make a strong case for us.

2 hours ago, FTW said:

With the alternate uniforms, primetime against a top 10 team in Lincoln in front of that crowd. If I'm a recruit, it doesn't get any better than that. That's what CFB is all about. I hope they're in Lincoln. It's been far too long, IMO.

I wonder what the over/under would be on crying Herbstreit posters if they do come back to Lincoln. 50?

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've never understood the hatred for college game day and people not wanting them to come to Lincoln.  

It defies logic.

Yeah, I mean I hate Desmond and wish they would replace him but I really like the Gameday show. Some complain about Corso being past his prime but I like Lee and look forward to whatever crazy things he might say or do. He’s kinda like that crazy uncle you find a bit embarrassing but he’s entertaining.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I mean I hate Desmond and wish they would replace him but I really like the Gameday show. Some complain about Corso being past his prime but I like Lee and look forward to whatever crazy things he might say or do. He’s kinda like that crazy uncle you find a bit embarrassing but he’s entertaining.

People forget that it's a n "entertainment" show.  Corso is there to entertain.  And....he does a pretty decent job of it.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

People forget that it's a n "entertainment" show.  Corso is there to entertain.  And....he does a pretty decent job of it.

I think he was doing a good job, but now I think he's lost so much of what he used to be that it makes me a little sad to watch him.  His quick wit and "not so fasts" just aren't there anymore.

• Plus1 2