Chances of Gameday at Nebraska for Ohio State

knapplc

3 hours ago, K9Buck said:

On paper, Ohio State has more talent than any team in the country, but the game isn't played on paper.  If Frost and company come up with a good game plan and if the players play smart and make plays, Nebraska can absolutely win the game.  If Nebraska pulls off the upset, it will be the win that catapults Nebraska into a new era.  

No, no, no. Don't encourage me to get my hopes up again! We just lost to Colo-freaking-rado.

2 hours ago, K9Buck said:

My impression is that Ohio State is significantly better on both sides of the ball than the 2016 version.  As well, I have the impression that the 2016 PSU squad was better than this year's Nebraska squad.  Still, I think NU can win the game, but they'll have to play a perfect game to do it, in my novice opinion. 

Yes, thank you. That's much better.

I was at and on the first Game Day in Lincoln...I kid recorded it that lived in the dorm next to me...I watched it once...then he recored over it for Days of our Lives...I am almost 100% positive he posts on this site now.

Like it or not, College Game Day changed college football.  I like how at first they did not embrace the drinking and gambling but now 75% of the show is about drinking and gambling!  

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, K9Buck said:

My impression is that Ohio State is significantly better on both sides of the ball than the 2016 version.  As well, I have the impression that the 2016 PSU squad was better than this year's Nebraska squad.  Still, I think NU can win the game, but they'll have to play a perfect game to do it, in my novice opinion. 

I didn’t mean it like you guys are going to lose to us. I just meant it more like thats the opportunity we have as a program

7 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

This game reminds me a lot of the PSU v tOSU night game in 2016 that nobody expected PSU to win. They blocked that FG and won and changed how their program is viewed nationally. 

Then they went on to win the B1G and had a crazy bowl game to finish 11-3. I'd take that.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Caring about College Gameday is getting to be pretty 90s 2000s cliche.  Like do you think STP is going to release a cool new album soon?  Can't wait to see that Backstreet Boys tour!

Ironically, STP is releasing an album this year and the Backstreet Boys DNA tour is getting decent reviews. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
15 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Caring about College Gameday is getting to be pretty 90s 2000s cliche.  Like do you think STP is going to release a cool new album soon?  Can't wait to see that Backstreet Boys tour!

I don't understand this. Gameday had an average of 1.9 million viewers* last year. Of which, I imagine there is a fair amount of recruits who watch it closely. Why wouldn't you care about your team getting on it?

*https://footballfoundation.org/news/2019/6/11/2018-19_Attendance_Release.aspx

• Plus1 2

Who is STP?  I thought you were originally talking about an oil treatment and Richard Petty was going to show up.

I still don't understand why people wouldn't want Gameday to come to your campus.

It seems like something that some people think is cool to hate.  Like...hey, I'm way to much of a football fan to care about something as uncool as Gameday.  Meanwhile....as @WyoHusker56 pointed out.  There's sure a hell of a lot of "uncool" people watching it.

• Plus1 1