Chances of Gameday at Nebraska for Ohio State

knapplc

Who cares....we still have a game to play against Illinois. 

I’m soooo sick of hearing about the Ohio State game and College Gameday.

All summer and during fall camp on the Mike’l Severe show or podcast from the OWH and the HuskerExtra shows talked about starting 4-0 and Ohio State game...EVERY...DAY. 

We had a poor outing against USA and sh*t the bed at Colorado. Pump the breaks

Let’s take it one game at a time first. 

6 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

All summer and during fall camp on the Mike’l Severe show or podcast from the OWH and the HuskerExtra shows talked about starting 4-0 and Ohio State game...EVERY...DAY. 

If you’re sick of hearing about it, why you in the “Chances of gameday at Nebraska for Ohio St” thread? The team has to take it one game at a time but us fans.... not so much.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 3
16 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

If you’re sick of hearing about it, why you in the “Chances of gameday at Nebraska for Ohio St” thread? The team has to take it one game at a time but us fans.... not so much.

Cant wait for College Gameday to break down our 2nd half 17 point lead implosion against Colorado

• Plus1 1

52 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

We don't have a legitimate shot of winning? Hm.

Do you think we do?  The OSU game this year  is nothing more than a gauge to see how bad our weaknesses are against an elite teams. Having game day in Lincoln for yet another prime time beat down is not in our best interests. Be honest- forget the Colorado meltdown- we’re  two games from not having a center that adequately snap the ball. And have you seen the offensive line work as a unit? Do you  think that’s fixable by next week? Not to mention that I praise Jesus after each and every extra point and that ain’t right.  And you think this is legitimately winnable? Maybe we can catch them being lazy like Minnesota did last year, but that is very unlikely if game day is there. 

Plus, over the past how ever many years, we’ve shown we just can’t handle the pressure from these big games. Fans over hype, coaches try to get tricky rather than play football, and the players melt under the lights. We’re not ready, the coach isn’t ready, and we don’t have the talent necessary to compensate. 

Just now, krc1995 said:

Do you think we do?  The OSU game this year  is nothing more than a gauge to see how bad our weaknesses are against an elite teams. Having game day in Lincoln for yet another prime time beat down is not in our best interests. Be honest- forget the Colorado meltdown- we’re  two games from not having a center that adequately snap the ball. And have you seen the offensive line work as a unit? Do you  think that’s fixable by next week? Not to mention that I praise Jesus after each and every extra point and that ain’t right.  And you think this is legitimately winnable? Maybe we can catch them being lazy like Minnesota did last year, but that is very unlikely if game day is there. 

Plus, over the past how ever many years, we’ve shown we just can’t handle the pressure from these big games. Fans over hype, coaches try to get tricky rather than play football, and the players melt under the lights. We’re not ready, the coach isn’t ready, and we don’t have the talent necessary to compensate. 

I mean ... I think we have to play much better to compete.

But what would you have put our chances at against OSU before the game last year?

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Of course I'm biased but Utah/Wazzou doesn't intrigue me at all. And considering they won't want to do Notre Dame two weeks in a row, I don't see how NU/tOSU can't be the front runner for Gameday.

Utah/WSU is a nightmare from a pac 12 standpoint but it’s probably going to be a preview of at least one team in their CCG and it’s going to be fun as hell

Get ready for this one, its a doozy.

Nebraska is going to win or lose if game day  there is or not, they are also going to have media exposure if game day is there or not.  What game day does showcase is the cornhusker fanbase.  It shows the passion we have for our team, the fire we show when we talk about football.  Its about football, changing leaves, tailgating, bbq, beer all those things.  We as fans are just as much of a draw as any team.  The boneyard, the light show at night now, the baloon release, tunnel walk those are all things that we do as a culture of a university and a fan base.  You would be crazy to think game day would be a bad thing in lincoln.  We havent been talked about hardly at all in the past 5 years and now suddenly we get young fresh faces on the tv who will watch game day and hear about all of our history and culture.  See all of our traditions and they can always see what we once where.  And also then they can look up old videos to see the great old nebraska of the past.  I mean, some of you have been to so many games you forget just how special it can be.  For someone who has never been there, to here 90k people screaming and cheering is something that can never been truly just watched on a tv.  But go there and experience that, and it will stay with you forever.  This would be something to help us not hurt us.  If we get our teeth kicked in, well no one would be suprised.  But if we somehow won, well that would be the greatest exposure we could hope for.  Its better to take a chance and fail than to do nothing at all.  Thought of a line from field of dreams while writing this so i threw it in there for your enjoyment.

This field, this game, its part of our past ray.  It reminds us of all that once was good and could be again.  Ohhhh people will come ray, people will most definitely come.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Dewiz said:

What are you saying?

Are you saying everyone should slow their roll?

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Utah/WSU is a nightmare from a pac 12 standpoint but it’s probably going to be a preview of at least one team in their CCG and it’s going to be fun as hell

Well you go right ahead and enjoy it. I’m gonna be at the Huskers-Buckeyes game and I won’t give that little Pac 12 tilt one thought.