Chances of Gameday at Nebraska for Ohio State

knapplc

1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

every game is legitimately winnable. IF it wasn't they wouldn't play the game. They aren't played on paper, they are played on the field. Between people being scared of Illinois and chalking this game as a loss, I hope there is some serious crow eating the next couple weeks.

Use your eyes regarding how good our team is and then your brain to interpret that data. And I said legitimately winnable not unwinnable. We’re at a tenuous junction in our program’s re-development. The possibility and ramifications from having a poor showing under more scrutiny far outweighs the potential benefits of a highly improbable result. 

9 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Use your eyes regarding how good our team is and then your brain to interpret that data. And I said legitimately winnable not unwinnable. We’re at a tenuous junction in our program’s re-development. The possibility and ramifications from having a poor showing under more scrutiny far outweighs the potential benefits of a highly improbable result. 

How improbable and how are you determining the odds? I mean basic math shows two results. A win or a loss, correct? So that's two outcomes. Then you can only have one of those outcomes so that means one. So if you take the one and put it over the two possible outcomes, it gives a 50% chance of us winning and a 50% chance of losing. Nothing more, nothing more nothing less. These odds are believe it or not the same odds we've had for every game since we started playing football. I know I blew your mind. It'll be okay.

Just now, hskrfan4life said:

How improbable and how are you determining the odds? I mean basic math shows two results. A win or a loss, correct? So that's two outcomes. Then you can only have one of those outcomes so that means one. So if you take the one and put it over the two possible outcomes, it gives a 50% chance of us winning and a 50% chance of losing. Nothing more, nothing more nothing less. These odds are believe it or not the same odds we've had for every game since we started playing football. I know I blew your mind. It'll be okay.

?   Weird 

29 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Saw on Facebook someone said that ESPN is in Lincoln filming a spot on Frost. So, that could explain any ESPN filming/trailer, etc. that is seen around Lincoln.

Nah, I'd prefer we get hysterical and jump to conclusions. 

Look, I'll even bring the game:

91EDI7zrnHL._SX466_.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Saw on Facebook someone said that ESPN is in Lincoln filming a spot on Frost. So, that could explain any ESPN filming/trailer, etc. that is seen around Lincoln.

It could be a segment featured on game day in Lincoln, NE. Like most people have said, take care of Illinois, and ESPN likely is headed here.

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This is totally plausible as well.

Gary Sharpe mentioned that there will be extra segments aired and a heavy ESPN presence in Lincoln even if Game Day is elsewhere. I guess that’s what he means. 

He also mentioned that the projection of 10,000 plus OSU fans is expected. Not sure where that projection came from or if that’s even a lot.