Chances of Gameday at Nebraska for Ohio State

knapplc

15 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Well if it had been 41-0 Nebraska, maybe more likely that they would bring their show.  Thats where the defense comes in.  But 41-38?  Nah, thats a team that got beat by E. Mich.  A little clearer for you now?  But with the Colorado loss and the fact that Wisconsin is going to steamroll our @ss, a 41-0 Neb. win over Illinois still brings no relevancy, so no, they won't be coming.

Wait? We already loss to Wisconsin. Damn news to me. Welp time to cancel the season.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Well if it had been 41-0 Nebraska, maybe more likely that they would bring their show.  Thats where the defense comes in.  But 41-38?  Nah, thats a team that got beat by E. Mich.  A little clearer for you now?  But with the Colorado loss and the fact that Wisconsin is going to steamroll our @ss, a 41-0 Neb. win over Illinois still brings no relevancy, so no, they won't be coming.

:lol::lol::lol:

Next time you decide to go off the grid maybe don't go so far off.

And since you apparently didn't watch the game, the final score was 42-38, not 41.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, dvdcrr said:

I cant believe it.  Herbie wants to see his alma matter grt a cush win I guess?

dvd....dude, they officially annouced that College Gameday will be in Lincoln on Saturday.  Its been released by ESPN and local folks.  They ARE coming here.

Big risk, big potential reward.  I think we have two ways to come out good, and one way to come out bad.

1.  We win outright in a stunner.  Could happen.  It could.

2.  We lose in a tough, hard fought, well executed game.  One where tOSU privately feels lucky to have won.

Those two are wins, at least in some respect.  I think a good game that is a loss, under the lights in a rocking stadium still give potential recruits a warm and fuzzy.  Of course an outright win helps seal the deal a lot tighter.

3.  A blow out, ugly loss.  Not only a horrible showing for a national audience, but it would hurt recruiting a LOT.  Unless the recruiters are selling the "see how bad you are...we really, really need you....start next year!"

I'm pretty confident it will be one of the first two.

PS...I could not care less about the Game Day circus.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Don’t you think that you are extremely exaggerating what I said? I never said we should stop televising games. I just said that every time we have been a part of a nationally televised game, we found a way to disappoint. I hope that does happen but the way we have been playing, it does not inspire confidence. I personally would rather the game is televised on BTN.

Yeah I can't decide which of those National Championship victories were the most disappointing - I feel like to be relevant I will go with 97

45 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Big risk, big potential reward.  I think we have two ways to come out good, and one way to come out bad.

1.  We win outright in a stunner.  Could happen.  It could.

2.  We lose in a tough, hard fought, well executed game.  One where tOSU privately feels lucky to have won.

Those two are wins, at least in some respect.  I think a good game that is a loss, under the lights in a rocking stadium still give potential recruits a warm and fuzzy.  Of course an outright win helps seal the deal a lot tighter.

3.  A blow out, ugly loss.  Not only a horrible showing for a national audience, but it would hurt recruiting a LOT.  Unless the recruiters are selling the "see how bad you are...we really, really need you....start next year!"

I'm pretty confident it will be one of the first two.

PS...I could not care less about the Game Day circus.

I don't disagree that a blowout loss in the primetime spot would suck, but I don't think it hurts recruiting a ton. I mean we signed a top 20 class last year after going 0-6 and getting killed by Michigan. It doesn't help and it definitely hurts some, but it's not the end of the world. These kids look at more than just what happens in the game they visit. 

1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

Yeah I can't decide which of those National Championship victories were the most disappointing - I feel like to be relevant I will go with 97

What???? Some people just like to make comments that make absolutely no sense at all. I guess this is one of those times. Forget the 90s man, we are talking about the last decade. You do know it is 2019? Right?

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

can you just eat your crow with your bizarro hilarious post and we can all move on

which  bizarro hilarious post are you referring to?  There are so many ....

I don't get gameday coming here and wish they weren't.  Too soon right?  Can Husker nation handle another epic loss in primetime?  Do we want another year of being on the tOSU highlight reel?

I'd rather have them come when we have both lines built up and Chinander has the D working.

The line is 15.5 at Neb. We are not expected to win this game at all, and Vegas is very good at what they do.  So, how do we look at this?  Shall we just say well, we knew we were going down, but at least we will have a cool start to the day?

When was the last time gameday chose a 15.5 point dog to host the show?