Chances of Gameday at Nebraska for Ohio State

knapplc

3 hours ago, Undone said:

I'll be honest and say that the reason I'm not keen on it is because I just really don't think we have much of a chance of actually winning the game.

On paper, Ohio State has more talent than any team in the country, but the game isn't played on paper.  If Frost and company come up with a good game plan and if the players play smart and make plays, Nebraska can absolutely win the game.  If Nebraska pulls off the upset, it will be the win that catapults Nebraska into a new era.  

• Plus1 3

Since the game is already a nationally televised night game why not want Gameday in Lincoln? 

Its nothing but good exposure for Nebraska before a game that honestly Nebraska is overmatched in.

If the game isn't an upset or even close at least Nebraska gets some nice segments about its history, they mention the greatest fans and the sellout streak maybe they show how the city is more than just corn fields. Its a win for Nebraska if it comes to town.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

On paper, Ohio State has more talent than any team in the country, but the game isn't played on paper.  If Frost and company come up with a good game plan and if the players play smart and make plays, Nebraska can absolutely win the game.  If Nebraska pulls off the upset, it will be the win that catapults Nebraska into a new era.  

Our defense began an overhaul immediately after our last game last season to make our front seven much, much bigger & stronger - in my opinion to be built for the power running of Wisconsin, Iowa, and maybe you could even put Northwestern in there. 

With what Ohio State is doing, a team with a good Nickel defense could match up against them well. Our offense can probably put up 24-30 points, but I kind of doubt our defense can hold OSU to less than 40.

4 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Remember, their goal isn't to cover the game that represents the two highest ranking teams, their goal is to get the most people tuned in.  It's hard to find two more involved fans bases that Ohio State and Nebraska.  As long as we don't look bad Saturday, I think it will be here.  

If that were the case, then they never would have went to Ames last weekend.  Or done shows at James Madison (twice), NDSU, and Western Michigan in the last 5 years.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

I like this. I want this to happen. :restore

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If that were the case, then they never would have went to Ames last weekend.  Or done shows at James Madison (twice), NDSU, and Western Michigan in the last 5 years.

The goal of all television programming is to get the most views possible.  More views = more advertiser money.  Some of us forget this is a business that profits from the number of viewers.  Yes, they do occasionally go to quirky places but I guarantee their reasoning behind doing so is to get people to watch.  Expanding the audience per say - same reason the B1G tried to get into different population centers.    I'm not saying the won't be in Salt Lake next weekend.  I have no clue- but my bet is it will be in Lincoln IF the Huskers look impressive against Illinois.  

I think kickoff being at 6:30 is a good nod that game day COULD come here but the stars have to align in order for this to happen.

First, Neb and Ohio State need to secure their winnable games. I’m not too worried about this happening.

If this happens we would need to have USC beat Utah.. if that doesn’t take place we would need UCLA to best Wazzu. I don’t think Mr. Chip Kelly can get that done so our best bet is USC pulling an upset. 

Even if this happens gameday still would not come here. We also need Georgia to beat Notre Dame (I think this will happen). If Notre Dame somehow wins that game, we would need a miracle in Old Dominion to beat Virginia. 

So if we really want gameday to come here, cheer for USC and Georgia this weekend. 

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Since the game is already a nationally televised night game why not want Gameday in Lincoln? 

Its nothing but good exposure for Nebraska before a game that honestly Nebraska is overmatched in.

If the game isn't an upset or even close at least Nebraska gets some nice segments about its history, they mention the greatest fans and the sellout streak maybe they show how the city is more than just corn fields. Its a win for Nebraska if it comes to town.

Because Game Day is going to go to the biggest game of the weekend especially when it can have extreme implications on playoff contention. If we beat Colorado, they would have been here no doubt. But unfortunately if Wazzu and Utah are undefeated, that game becomes the biggest game of the week. Even if they aren’t, I think an undefeated Notre Dame and Virginia game beats us out as well. 

14 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

This game reminds me a lot of the PSU v tOSU night game in 2016 that nobody expected PSU to win. They blocked that FG and won and changed how their program is viewed nationally. 

My impression is that Ohio State is significantly better on both sides of the ball than the 2016 version.  As well, I have the impression that the 2016 PSU squad was better than this year's Nebraska squad.  Still, I think NU can win the game, but they'll have to play a perfect game to do it, in my novice opinion. 

21 minutes ago, Huskerchief said:

Because Game Day is going to go to the biggest game of the weekend especially when it can have extreme implications on playoff contention. If we beat Colorado, they would have been here no doubt. But unfortunately if Wazzu and Utah are undefeated, that game becomes the biggest game of the week. Even if they aren’t, I think an undefeated Notre Dame and Virginia game beats us out as well. 

I don't think Game Day will be in Lincoln only that it would be good thing if it was.

29 minutes ago, Huskerchief said:

He isn’t asking “why wouldn’t they come”? He’s asking “ why would you not WANT them to come?  

• Plus1 1