Chances of Gameday at Nebraska for Ohio State

knapplc

2 hours ago, Dewiz said:

Who cares....we still have a game to play against Illinois. 

I’m soooo sick of hearing about the Ohio State game and College Gameday.

All summer and during fall camp on the Mike’l Severe show or podcast from the OWH and the HuskerExtra shows talked about starting 4-0 and Ohio State game...EVERY...DAY. 

We had a poor outing against USA and sh*t the bed at Colorado. Pump the breaks

Let’s take it one game at a time first. 

My sentiments too, wee need to beat Illinois first.

If not, this thread goes into the same scrap folder as Martinez for Heisman.

7 hours ago, CapoValley said:

Plus, it’s after the Nebraska game. You should watch it!

Whoa, I just looked, didn't realize before the Utah/Wazoo game was so late. 

First of all, it starts at 9pm central, so no one is really gonna watch that game. Second of all, as early as Gameday starts, what kind of crowd would they expect for a game that starts 12 hours after their show airs? Does anyone know how many times in the past Gameday has been on a west coast location to hype a night game? 

What a great perk to be on an ESPN crew: you get to go to Utah to work a 16 hour day!

10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Buncha wimps. Ooh I don't want Gameday cuz we might lose. Waa waa. Like this deal is never going to turn around. Ya know, we just might lose that game but I believe the embarrassing Riley and Pelini blowouts are behind us. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Bring it on.

Spoiler Alert: Someone always loses when GameDay is there

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Ulty said:

First of all, it starts at 9pm central, so no one is really gonna watch that game. Second of all, as early as Gameday starts, what kind of crowd would they expect for a game that starts 12 hours after their show airs? Does anyone know how many times in the past Gameday has been on a west coast location to hype a night game? 

What a great perk to be on an ESPN crew: you get to go to Utah to work a 16 hour day!

They've gone to Eugene for Oregon night games before so this isn't anything new and the crowd turnout was pretty big.  You only need a couple thousand people to be there for it to be a great turnout and with Utah having an enrollment of over 30k, I'd feel pretty good about my chances of a gaggle of college kids showing up.

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Hey they get pretty wild in Salt Lake. 

But yeah the pac12 after dark game is fun but when it starts involving your top teams, it’s not the wisest play. But the conference is poorly run and has next to no chance to get a playoff team so whatevs 

12 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Do you think we do?  The OSU game this year  is nothing more than a gauge to see how bad our weaknesses are against an elite teams. Having game day in Lincoln for yet another prime time beat down is not in our best interests. Be honest- forget the Colorado meltdown- we’re  two games from not having a center that adequately snap the ball. And have you seen the offensive line work as a unit? Do you  think that’s fixable by next week? Not to mention that I praise Jesus after each and every extra point and that ain’t right.  And you think this is legitimately winnable? Maybe we can catch them being lazy like Minnesota did last year, but that is very unlikely if game day is there. 

Plus, over the past how ever many years, we’ve shown we just can’t handle the pressure from these big games. Fans over hype, coaches try to get tricky rather than play football, and the players melt under the lights. We’re not ready, the coach isn’t ready, and we don’t have the talent necessary to compensate. 

every game is legitimately winnable. IF it wasn't they wouldn't play the game. They aren't played on paper, they are played on the field. Between people being scared of Illinois and chalking this game as a loss, I hope there is some serious crow eating the next couple weeks.

• Plus1 2