Gameday Weather vs Illini

4 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I will be at the game in Champaign this weekend and it looks like a system may arrive Saturday night that reminds me of the system at the 2018 opener. There is a 70% chance of storms in the evening thru most of Sunday morning. I wonder if they would consider moving up the game time.  Or the weather Gods can have the storms wait until Sunday. :)

The forecast will change a few times before Saturday gets here. I wouldn't worry about it yet

6 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Ever since we've had one freak occurrence of lightning cancelling a game, every time someone sees a little rain in the forecast they think it's gonna happen again. 

True...but I usually only go to one game a year and happened to pick the opener in 2018 where I drove 16 hours round trip to not see a game.

Also I tend to be a weather nerd. :)

• Plus1 2

“Gameday Weather vs. Illini”

There will be a Sea of Red in the stands leaving some to believe that a red dye factory in Champaign was hit with a deluge of rain and the resulting water flow poured all over Central Illinois.

Illini fans will mostly be down and depressed at the game, reflecting the current state of the football program. This down feeling will create a weather trough of low atmospheric pressure. This will attract any low pressure systems in the Midwest and they will be drawn into Central Illinois and further deepen the chances for inclement weather.

Lightning is also expected as the dynamic Husker offense is expected to catch fire on the field and electrify the surrounding area. The dark evening skies will then brighten like daylight and it may not be necessary to use conventional street lighting in the streets of Champaign.

On Sunday, weather will be bright and sunny in Nebraska and cloudy and dark in Illinois.