Cannot overlook Illinois

I am I

I don’t think the coaches overlook anyone, ever. And I don’t think our players will either, this time. 

This cannot be a “warmup” for tOSU. They need to show a full playbook, full scheme, total domination. They need to show full strength of their capabilities. 

Yes, the Cornhuskers should win this game and get out of town (uninjured). But what they can and should put on film is that they are full go with multiple weapons and a dizzying array of attacks on offense and defense.  

Let this be the “wake up” of our players and a notice to the competition moving forward. 

In short, I hope we click and show full bore what we are capable of and what B1G teams have to prepare for.  Illinois will play hard and come to win, every team does. Use this opportunity to dismantle a team and finally show an unnerve to the other teams. 

Don’t take Illinois lightly, crush them and send notice on film.  Make the B1G take notice. Make tOSU prepare for US. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

27 minutes ago, Redux said:

Maybe not show our entire playbook against Illinois right before our toughest home game of the year?

I disagree. 

Almost like our first 3 opponents whom Frost has said about....they gave us looks we weren’t ready for, did some things we hadn’t planned on. 

Make illinois stop new stuff and make tOSU prepare for it. In college we used to put in a wrinkle or even just one play a game so the next week opponent had to practice against it. It’s B1G play and need full go. 

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Redux said:

Maybe not show our entire playbook against Illinois right before our toughest home game of the year?

I'm not a big believer in this. I understand the thought process behind it, but if you take advantage of running your plays against lesser competition then your chances of executing against really good teams is a lot less. The more you show the more they have to prepare for. Also every coach puts in new things and makes adjustments every week that the other team hasn't seen until they play one another. The only plays I think you might hold back is any trick plays you have in your arsenal.

• Plus1 3

25 minutes ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

If they are still holding back a good portion of the play book to "not put it on film" after how we've played up to this point, I'll be pissed. 

So, if Frost comes out with a few new wrinkles in his offense against OSU you will be pissed?

Well, be prepared to be pissed then.  I will guarantee you we will see something new.  It might not be really evident to most fans until someone analyzes a few plays after the game.  But, there will be something new.

• Fire 1