Cannot overlook Illinois

I am I

1 hour ago, Redux said:

Is our team ready to show it's full hand and make adjustments against a caliber team like tOSU?  I don't know, the fact we can't win by kicking field goals makes me hesitant to put it on the table and dare them to stop us.

Spitballin here, but I think Ohio st might have film of us throwing everything we had at them last year, with our same qb. 

• Plus1 2

I don’t think we are intentionally “hiding” things but I agree that the playbook needs to be opened just so there’s live reps for the Ohio st game. It’s not going to be a matter of surprise with them considering they’re set up like this:

Ohio St starting offense:
(2) 5 star
(8) 4 star
(1) 3 star

Starting Defense:
(3) 5 star
(5) 4 star
(3) 3 star-All 5th year seniors

Even if there’s some magic bullet, their talent and athleticism will help them adjust and recover. 

But luckily, Ohio St takes one game off a year. Maybe it will be ours.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Nebraska has to climb the hill directly in front of it. Don't worry about next week or the end of the season. Just install the playbook that will beat this team. Ohio State doesn't matter. We MUST continue to march forward and feed the hunger of the players for improvement. A win over Ohio State might have the same effect as hitting a home run when your team is down four in the ninth. Everyone celebrates like something big has happened when so much work remains ahead. If Nebraska beat Ohio State on Sept. 28 and then felt like it had "arrived," it would be the worst thing that could ever happen. For now, we have this game. We have the need to improve. We have the knowledge that the last time we visited this stadium—we lost. We have to prove we can do something different. We have to have that hunger. And all of that is good for this group right now.

• Plus1 1

I don't think the team is going to overlook Illinois.  I am worried that they will play down to their competition.  Lose focus and get a few penalties that kill drives.  Now it's a close game.  Regain focus and turnovers kill those drives.  That's how you lose these games.  It's an easy trap to fall into.  Illinois disappeared after the 1st qtr against EMU last week until the 4th.  We don't have much margin for error so if they let up, we need to bury them instead of letting up.  If the team plays like last week it should be an easy W.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1