Cannot overlook Illinois

I am I

1 hour ago, CapoValley said:

Ohio st knows that without a tape. You’re putting way too much stock into reviewing tape. Staffs spend hours researching teams. 

you can't research teams without reviewing tape... Also I'm pretty sure if teams didn't put a lot of stock into reviewing tape Martinez wouldn't be having a difficult time this year.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

you can't research teams without reviewing tape... Also I'm pretty sure if teams didn't put a lot of stock into reviewing tape Martinez wouldn't be having a difficult time this year.

Starting a new Center (Jurgens), new RB (Mills), and two starting WRs (Wandale, Noa) doesn't factor into this? 

3 hours ago, CapoValley said:

I don’t think we are intentionally “hiding” things but I agree that the playbook needs to be opened just so there’s live reps for the Ohio st game. It’s not going to be a matter of surprise with them considering they’re set up like this:

Ohio St starting offense:
(2) 5 star
(8) 4 star
(1) 3 star

Starting Defense:
(3) 5 star
(5) 4 star
(3) 3 star-All 5th year seniors

Even if there’s some magic bullet, their talent and athleticism will help them adjust and recover. 

But luckily, Ohio St takes one game off a year. Maybe it will be ours.  

We will see if that is true under Day as it was recently under Meyer

Short of playing another lower to mid-level of the FCS team like Bethune-Cookman, NU can't overlook anyone.  I'd be fine if every other year when Nebraska has 5 road conference games, the 'Huskers schedule a team like Jackson State, FAMU, BCU, or Southern as an opponent and pay for the band to come to Lincoln.  I think it would be something unique to promote in the Big Ten.  IMO there would be more fan interest in a game like that instead of North Dakota or South Dakota.

1 hour ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Actually Nebraska won 28-6.

I guess I was fixated on 2015 when we did everything possible to lose the game and Illinois finally said, after about 50 pass interference calls on the defense (or so it seemed...LOL).... Fine, we'll take it. And they threw it to that Geronimo guy and we lost.

It's about the attitude and energy. If they show up like they did against USA and CU they will lose. The NIU game, everything was different. ST had an edge, offense was moving the ball and showing new looks, plays, AM didn't turn the ball over, and defense was relentless. They need to learn to play like that week in and week out in the conference schedule or we'll be staring at a 7-5 finish.

I'm confident this team will answer the bell and take care of business Saturday setting up one helluva showdown with tOSU.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, CapoValley said:

I don’t think we are intentionally “hiding” things but I agree that the playbook needs to be opened just so there’s live reps for the Ohio st game. 

This is more the point I’m making than if we are hiding anything or not.  Get moving on stuff at a high execution level and be ready to use it fully developed. 

In another thread there was the excellent break down of how Frost used the 11 personnel package at a 45+% against NIU and it really paid dividends. Hasn’t seen much of it at all first couple games. Now tOSU has to prepare for it and we’ve run it full speed in a game. 

Thats what I’d like to see v Illinois. More introduced at game speed 

7 minutes ago, I am I said:

In another thread there was the excellent break down of how Frost used the 11 personnel package at a 45+% against NIU and it really paid dividends. Hasn’t seen much of it at all first couple games. Now tOSU has to prepare for it and we’ve run it full speed in a game. 

It was 12 personnel but yeah.