Cannot overlook Illinois

I am I

Two things, the fact we need a thread for this tells us all a lot about the program.  The last being, as already posted, SURELY this team is not even remotely thinking they can over look any team on the schedule......IMHO, they will be locked on.  

I'd throw everything out in this game to put some incredibly exotic stuff on film for B1G DC's to wonder about.  Some formations with Mo, Wan'dale and Mills on the field at the same time.  4 TE's.  I'd even thrown in Luke as a WR or have some end around where he looks to throw......For three games now, I've read teams came out in looks we didn't expect, time to let the B1G start to have to do some work on us as well.  Then for OC's, throw in some 5 man fronts with the Daniel's, Davis brothers and Ben or Alex.  Do a series where the DL stands up like Bo against MSU.   Again, throw it all on film....

We are not at the point where we can "hide something" until a "big game".  We need all the real world practice we can get.  

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Two things, the fact we need a thread for this tells us all a lot about the program.  The last being, as already posted, SURELY this team is not even remotely thinking they can over look any team on the schedule......IMHO, they will be locked on.  

I'd throw everything out in this game to put some incredibly exotic stuff on film for B1G DC's to wonder about.  Some formations with Mo, Wan'dale and Mills on the field at the same time.  4 TE's.  I'd even thrown in Luke as a WR or have some end around where he looks to throw......For three games now, I've read teams came out in looks we didn't expect, time to let the B1G start to have to do some work on us as well.  Then for OC's, throw in some 5 man fronts with the Daniel's, Davis brothers and Ben or Alex.  Do a series where the DL stands up like Bo against MSU.   Again, throw it all on film....

We are not at the point where we can "hide something" until a "big game".  We need all the real world practice we can get.  

Frost has been doing this in every game.  He'll put something new on film in this game that DCs have to think about.

We need to play as well as we possibly can.  Win by 60 if possible.   Run the wishbone or the 'west coast' offense - it doesnt' matter what as long as it works extremely well.    We are 6-9 under Frost and nowhere near a top ten or even top twenty team    We can't run up the score on anyone at this point.    Colorado may NOT have a winning season afterall (I thought they would but not so sure now).   

I think we have been playing our very best and using every trick in Scott's playbook so far.   The team is still 'learning' the plays and just beginning to execute them fairly well (at times.    This game is very losable if we don't play our best.

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

... time to show why we deserve to be in the Big 10 Championship. 

As long as the Huskers win by any margin at Illinois, I believe we aren't going to get anybody (outside the fanbase) to believe we POSSIBLY MIGHT deserve to be in the Big 10 Championship until at least the week FOLLOWING Illinois.

14 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Every school fibs on the players height and weight on the game programs but the Illini tame it to a whole nother level.

It’s true. When they went to the Rose Bowl ten years ago, none of the players were able to get on the fun rides at Disneyland. 

They never recovered. USC beat the life out of them. Juice Williams just stayed there and alternates between Sleepy and Timón at the park now. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1