Find five more wins on our schedule

knapplc

Find Five Wins  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

I’m kind of surprised Minnesota is getting the votes it’s getting. Banner Society had an article on it. Minnesota started the season playing two of the tougher fcs teams and then went to Fresno and played an improved Fresno st team. They won all three. Now they play Purdue, Illinois, us, and Rutgers. If we don’t beat them on the road (which may be tougher than we’d like to admit) they’re going to be 7-0. 

Then they’re going to get chewed up on the back end of their schedule but that game is shaping up to be an interesting one. 

I don't see how Fresno State has improved by losing to a very pedestrian and underwhelming USC and a very slow (defensively) Minnesota team. 

I'm not saying Minnesota won't do damage, especially on the ground. But that defense they have...it's nowhere close to good. 

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

I don't see how Fresno State has improved by losing to a very pedestrian and underwhelming USC and a very slow (defensively) Minnesota team. 

I'm not saying Minnesota won't do damage, especially on the ground. But that defense they have...it's nowhere close to good. 

Fresno was 4-20 in the two years before Tedford and 22-8 since. And from an sp+ standpoint, they’re higher than any team we’ve played thus far. 

And Minnesota went to their house and beat them.  So I’m not writing that win down in ink

1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

That's false. They played one tough FCS team, the other? Georgia Southern is in the Sun Belt who's only win was against FCS Maine 28-16. I'm STILL not sold on Minnesota. Georgia Southern isn't one of the tougher Sun Belt teams. They will finish probably 3rd or 4th in their conference. Please stop trying to make them something they're not. And with a new DC they allowed 32 from Georgia Southern.

Yup, I agree. I'll be curious how that USC loss looks for Fresno State too. USC lost their starting QB and has since lost to BYU and the win over Standford doesn't look too great the way that UCF dismantled them. Fresno State might be better, but we'll see.

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Minnesota loses to Purdue this week. Book it. They have struggled blocking up front and have been bad on defense particularly against the run. They have weapons with their skill guys but its not enough. 

As long as Purdue doesn't turn the ball over 4 times. They just let Nevada hang around for 3 and half quarters to figure out their life. Purdue's defense doesn't seem like they are going to get them wins either. There is a lot riding on Sindelar coming back and being very good.

34 minutes ago, deedsker said:

As long as Purdue doesn't turn the ball over 4 times. They just let Nevada hang around for 3 and half quarters to figure out their life. Purdue's defense doesn't seem like they are going to get them wins either. There is a lot riding on Sindelar coming back and being very good.

Purdue hasn't looked great either but if they can play like they did against Vandy I like their chances in that game.

40 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Purdue hasn't looked great either but if they can play like they did against Vandy I like their chances in that game.

Vandy only has two games, but I am not expecting them to be a very good team this year and Purdue still almost gave up 500 yards to them. A turnover on downs in the redzone, a bad turnover, and a last second halftime play coming up 4 yards short and the game is a lot different.

Illinois - Win

Ohio State - Loss

Northwestern - Win

Minnesota - Win

Indiana - Win

Purdue - Loss

Wisconsin - Loss

Maryland - Win

Iowa - Loss

I'm trying to be realistic. NIU we finally saw as close to a complete game as I have seen in years.  Offense, defense and ST's showed up for all 4 quarters.  If we play like that, I can see more wins.  But then I go back to the first two games. I'm stepping away from the Kool-Aid bar and reading some of the pressers.  We are a young team, inexperienced at key spots and have seen teams do things in each of our first 3 things that the staff hadn't prepared for.  We still lack some experience to adjust on the fly to the degree we, and Frost would like.  

It's still too early to get a read on teams, just like it's hard to get a true read on us......NIU was a huge step in the right direction.  Beating Illinois soundly will really increase the confidence of this team.  And confidence is a good thing going into conference play.  

That CU loss in 2001 destroyed the program.  The CU lost in 2019 might be the game we look back on as the one that re-built this program....

• Plus1 1