*** Official Illinois Game Thread ***

suh_fan93

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

He's the runner that I said was missing. Is he gonna act timid for half of every game? Vedral can play....if Martinez doesn't want to he can go sit down. And the O line, they can't block good enough to power in against Illinois from 1 foot? Then they can't handle field goal blocking either? Pretty sure the problem is the line, Frost, and Martinez...not our skill players.

The O-line is our biggest concern, certainly. I'm also concerned about our receivers. Martinez tonight was the first B1G player to have 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing in a game since Denard Robinson in 2011. Yet, for much of the game, he still wasn't impressive. How is that possible?

15 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Good grief if we don't spot those guys 21 points on four turnovers that game could be 42-17 and it looks way different. They only had 300 yards of freaking offense. 

Exactly! Turnovers and penalties made this game really hard to watch, but you have to come out of this game feeling better about the offense's ability to sustain drives

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, dspanther05 said:

Wonder if Frost is wishing he was soaking up some Florida sunshine right now.

He needs to learn that the media is not your friend and not to care.  They're just a necessary evil.  Dont follow Bo's footsteps

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Did you think there were bad play calls?  I think Frost had the offense dialed into exactly what to do against the Cover 2 zone. 

I think he needs to not be petty 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The O-line is our biggest concern, certainly. I'm also concerned about our receivers. Martinez tonight was the first B1G player to have 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing in a game since Denard Robinson in 2011. Yet, for much of the game, he still wasn't impressive. How is that possible?

Until the end of the game when he decided he was capable of actually running, he was hitting long passes without sustaining drives...like the underdog mid-majors used to do against us. Until Wan'Dale got in a groove we flat sucked. Lucky Spielman is still alive. If Martinez goes back to that indecisive, stand in the pocket and look too long, run slower than your grandma game, Ohio State will embarrass us.

• Haha 1