What did we learn? (The Illinois edition, sponsored by Stickum brand adhesive)

Just now, Whs from cb said:

But the player went out of bounds on his own then came back in to recover the ball

But he didn’t touch it in bounds before going out of bounds. He established himself OOB, touched the ball, and that makes the ball OOB. It’s like a player trying to recover a fumble but if he’s OOB when touching the ball, it makes the ball OOB. Don’t get mad because you didn’t know the rule. 

1 minute ago, CheeseHusker said:

Maybe we oughta just go for two most times, especially if the offense rolls like it was.

The 2 point run by Martinez was nice. He just took off and found the end zone with his speed. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

But he didn’t touch it in bounds before going out of bounds. He established himself OOB, touched the ball, and that makes the ball OOB. It’s like a player trying to recover a fumble but if he’s OOB when touching the ball, it makes the ball OOB. Don’t get mad because you didn’t know the rule. 

I’m not mad and I know the rule but I still think it’s a stupid rule. Gotta admit it’s a loophole situation that has consequences far too serious for the kicking team. I mean we did not technically kick the ball out of bounds. It’s just a fluky deal that gave them way better field position than I think a team deserves in that situation.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

I learned that this team finally found a way to win game that it would not have found in about the last 15 years. There’s plenty to be concerned about (turnovers & penalties) but overcoming 4 turnovers, 11 penalties, not giving up and still finding a way to win....I don’t think the importance of that for this program can be overstated.

• Plus1 2