What did we learn? (The Illinois edition, sponsored by Stickum brand adhesive)

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

With his dinged shoulder, he was probably hesitant to go full bore on that missed tackle on the long TD run. That was the only one I saw in that situation. He gets a pass on that from me. 

I get that but he also missed the tackle at the 50 yrd line on the CU flea flicker td. 

I'm saying 1 on 1, big play, last guy to make the tackle and he isnt making it

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yep Kugler knew the rule perfectly, and was spot on in his play by play call. 

That was the first time I had heard that rule, and it makes sense. But I think it should be changed. Every other rule regarding out of bounds is intended to prevent a player from going out of bounds and then gaining possession of the ball. This situation is a loophole that incentivizes a player to go out of bounds first, which is the opposite of the spirit of the other rules. 

Smart for the guy to exploit it, but they should change the rule.

This will be one of those obscure situations that we will see once or twice ever, but never forget it, and it begs for some sort of clarification or tweaking. Sort of like the "tuck rule" or that one catch a few years back when Calvin Johnson caught a touchdown, rolled on a the ground a couple times, then let got of the ball and it was called incomplete. 

• Plus1 2

We learned that (even allowing that Pickering is injured)  we are schizophrenic on special teams.

Frustrating lack of containment on kickoffs, no great punt return game except for JD's single early-season effort, and general malaise on most phases of what coaches always preach about  ....."one-third of the game."

4 hours ago, Toe said:

Do you actually remember Abdullah's freshman year? I mean, at this point in that season, we'd barely even seen him. Burkhead was the starter that year, and behind him it was a three-way battle for the top backup job between Abdullah, Green, and Heard. Abdullah didn't really emerge as the clear #2 until about the last three games of the season.

Since I said that the way Robinson runs reminds me of a young Abdullah, I think it’s safe to say I remember how he ran his freshman year. Thanks, Captain Obvious. 

3 minutes ago, ebohnart said:

Since I said that the way Robinson runs reminds me of a young Abdullah, I think it’s safe to say I remember how he ran his freshman year. Thanks, Captain Obvious. 

You said he might be better than Abdullah as a freshman. You are captain obvious of course he is better he had almost more yards in a game than Ameer had his whole freshman season. And Ameer isn't close to the reciever Wan'Dale is, no shade to Ameer.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1