Forfeit to Ohio State now!

This might be a stretch but I like to think of us and this game as the United States from the years 1775-1783. If we think of this game as the revolutionary war we can picture Ohio State being this powerhouse that is Great Britain. All eyes were on us to be demolished, it wasn’t even gonna be a war, just a slaughter fest.. but you know what.. it wasn’t that. The United States, consisting of militia, countrymen, and farmers bounded together and beat Great Britain. Did you catch that? Farmers... farmers beat Great Britain. 

Is it a coincidence that a majority of people from Nebraska are farmers? Is it a coincidence that Ohio State is this powerhouse similar to Great Britain? Is it a coincidence that everyone is counting us out before the game has even started, similar to how they counted the United States out in 1775? I think not. 

We will win this game, we will shock the CFB world. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Huskerchief said:

This might be a stretch but I like to think of us and this game as the United States from the years 1775-1783. If we think of this game as the revolutionary war we can picture Ohio State being this powerhouse that is Great Britain. All eyes were on us to be demolished, it wasn’t even gonna be a war, just a slaughter fest.. but you know what.. it wasn’t that. The United States, consisting of militia, countrymen, and farmers bounded together and beat Great Britain. Did you catch that? Farmers... farmers beat Great Britain. 

Is it a coincidence that a majority of people from Nebraska are farmers? Is it a coincidence that Ohio State is this powerhouse similar to Great Britain? Is it a coincidence that everyone is counting us out before the game has even started, similar to how they counted the United States out in 1775? I think not. 

I can’t find the odds from back then, but I remembered a lot of the smart money was on the home team. 

• Plus1 2

Since Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass vs #2 Oklahoma in '01, Nebraska is 0-8 vs. top-5 teams. (Michigan St. in '15 was ranked #6) Could this be the year we break that streak? Not likely, but as has been said before, that's why they play the game. For a little added inspiration, check out this video. Gives me chills.

Come-a-runnin', boys! Never give up! Go Big Red!

10 minutes ago, Huskerchief said:

Perhaps if the terrain of Memorial Stadium would allow us to engage them in guerilla style football but alas the rules demand we engage on an open battlefield in traditional warfare. Advantage: Redcoats

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Roundball Shaman said:

Schools of privilege - like they are - always get the top young talent every year. They have a built-in (unfair) advantage over other programs. Then they schedule cupcakes and pad their record to ease their way into the Big Money Games at the end of the season. We’ve seen it all before. Just another tired rerun of an old sitcom that runs every season.

Majority of schools in FBS could write this exact same post about Nebraska and be more or less true. 

2 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Definitely not throwing in the towel, but I am not a fan of this being a Gameday destination. I don’t think we’ve earned the privilege yet and yeah, I am also worried we are going to get blown out on national television in prime time, again. 

Gameday covered 6 match ups last year that ended up as 20+ point losses. LSU hosted it and lost 29-0 to Bama. No matter what happens the game was going to be in primetime and I think it's a net positive for Nebraska to be featured on Gameday again. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I know this is not a serious thread but I think it’s worth saying that you can give too much importance to an opponent and psych yourself into playing bad just the same as not taking them serious enough.

Lets just play the game in a workmanlike manner and take care of our responsibilities .

I like how nobody panicked when we got down to Illinois.

We have good players, let’s make plays.

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Gameday covered 6 match ups last year that ended up as 20+ point losses. LSU hosted it and lost 29-0 to Bama. No matter what happens the game was going to be in primetime and I think it's a net positive for Nebraska to be featured on Gameday again. 

LSU has more recent brand credibility to lose 29-0.  Look at Georgia losing to Texas last year in the bowl game.  The narrative?  Georgia slept walked.  NU doesn't have a lot of brand wiggle.

FWIW, I think we ball out and the game is decided late.