Forfeit to Ohio State now!

19 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Well since Frost said that after the UM game last year the team played two more poor games against Purdue and Wisconsin and then turned it around and hasn't lost by more than 5 points (to tOSU last year). Yes, we've seen some sloppy, erratic and turnover prone games, but this team has never not shown up and has found ways to win or keep games close with that play. Then when they play a clean game we have a great win. I think the games will continue to get cleaner and cleaner as experience builds, but the past 11 games (since Wisc last year) suggest we won't see a blowout.

I agree with all of this.  Everything I know about football tells me that Frost is turning the program around albeit not in a straight line.  It completely makes sense that we would be competitive in this game. 

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

LSU has more recent brand credibility to lose 29-0.  Look at Georgia losing to Texas last year in the bowl game.  The narrative?  Georgia slept walked.  NU doesn't have a lot of brand wiggle.

FWIW, I think we ball out and the game is decided late.

Of course it’s going to be decided late. It’s a 7pm kick 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5

As a buckeye fan Martinez scares me more than anything. OSU has trouble with mobile QB's and this game will require them to be very disciplined. They have so many aggressive players that I could see that biting them at times. But I will say, I've watched OSU play for decades and this is the fastest team they have ever had. Yes, they have not played anyone but they have demolished all of them. They have been up py at least 20 going into halftime of every game. Im excited to see the crowd on Saturday and hoping for an entertaining game!

Of coarse Nebraska has a chance in the game.  They need to come out and play loose and let the chips fall.  Play like you have nothing to lose, which is the truth, and let it all hang out.  I think AM is a gamer and plays his best when the competition is turned up a notch.  

Now for the bad news.  This OSU team is night and day better on defense over last year. Nebraska will have no answer for Chase Young.  

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, NUinID said:

Of coarse Nebraska has a chance in the game.  They need to come out and play loose and let the chips fall.  Play like you have nothing to lose, which is the truth, and let it all hang out.  I think AM is a gamer and plays his best when the competition is turned up a notch.  

Now for the bad news.  This OSU team is night and day better on defense over last year. Nebraska will have no answer for Chase Young.  

I agree stopping a player like Chase Young is basically impossible. Nebraska is going to have to scheme around him though. I think Frost can do that.

20 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I agree stopping a player like Chase Young is basically impossible. Nebraska is going to have to scheme around him though. I think Frost can do that.

It will be interesting to see the OSU depth chart for this week. OSU has yet to play with all it's projected starters on the D-Line. 

26 minutes ago, jaws said:

It will be interesting to see the OSU depth chart for this week. OSU has yet to play with all it's projected starters on the D-Line. 

I was just reading this morning you guys haven't had some probable starters yet. Our OL is going to have to play their best game of the year no doubt and we'll need a good scheme to keep up with the DL talent you all have.