Forfeit to Ohio State now!

8 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I know this is not a serious thread but I think it’s worth saying that you can give too much importance to an opponent and psych yourself into playing bad just the same as not taking them serious enough.

Lets just play the game in a workmanlike manner and take care of our responsibilities .

I like how nobody panicked when we got down to Illinois.

We have good players, let’s make plays.

Our players and coaches are preparing all week to beat OSU. They aren't preparing to keep it close, they aren't just getting ready for a faceless opponent. They are scouting out the weaknesses and tendencies of the team we are playing and putting together a gameplan to take advantage of those things and win the game. Even though its looked ugly thus far, I think our team believes they can win a game like this more than they have in years. That makes a difference. Do we win the game? Not sure about that but I am sure we won't be laying down for anyone.

• Plus1 1

We have a chance. Would like it better if we had a fg kicker. Last week showed we have what it takes, to fight back. 

This is a powerful OSU team. We have to play a whole lot better then last week. We don't match up with them in talent across the board, but we do have a hand full of players, that are just as good as any they have.

This will be their toughest test to date. If we can get up early on them, we could win it. Our team is playing 4 Q now. 

GBR!!!

19 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

All I know that if we play against Ohio State like we did against Illinois, it will get very ugly very early. We need to play four quarters of outstanding football to have a chance against them. Several key players got injured yesterday, let us hope we have everyone healthy because we need all the weapons we can get against Ohio State. 

first half of Colorado game paired with second half of Illinois game....and we have a winna 

• Plus1 1

Unless I hear about major tOSU injuries or a plane crash or something.....56-31

And Wisconsin ain't gonna be any better.  They sit 1 and 2 in Total defense nationwide.

I guess many of us are just feeling like the team should be doing better now.  2nd year under a great coach teams usually make a big jump.  Then you hear about players smoking weed.  Then your O line comes out looking like crap. Then you hear the team is taking tryouts for kicker in week 3. Then your Defense isnt even listed in the top 50.   Learn to wait Nebraska fans, learn to wait.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I know this is not a serious thread but I think it’s worth saying that you can give too much importance to an opponent and psych yourself into playing bad just the same as not taking them serious enough.

Lets just play the game in a workmanlike manner and take care of our responsibilities .

I like how nobody panicked when we got down to Illinois.

We have good players, let’s make plays.

"workmanlike" is pretty close to "womanlike"

36 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

All I know is that Pelini's infamous blowout losses and 3 years of soft Mike have given many in our fanbase acute PTSD.

Agree.

Frost has proven he can stay calm and coach in the heat of battle and things aren't quite going right.  He's also proven he is much more of a competitor and better coach than Riley. 

Not guaranteeing it's going to happen. But, we have a much better chance of beating a team like OSU now than we have had in the last 10-15 years.  

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

All I know is that Pelini's infamous blowout losses and 3 years of soft Mike have given many in our fanbase acute PTSD.

A concise and accurate diagnosis for the fanbase.  Is Frost the cure? 

1 hour ago, dvdcrr said:

Unless I hear about major tOSU injuries or a plane crash or something.....56-31

And Wisconsin ain't gonna be any better.  They sit 1 and 2 in Total defense nationwide.

I guess many of us are just feeling like the team should be doing better now.  2nd year under a great coach teams usually make a big jump.  Then you hear about players smoking weed.  Then your O line comes out looking like crap. Then you hear the team is taking tryouts for kicker in week 3. Then your Defense isnt even listed in the top 50.   Learn to wait Nebraska fans, learn to wait.

Frost said that the team wasn't ready for last year's UM game.  After 3 years of Rilely it seemed plausible.  That explanation still worked while watching other teams that we could compete with somehow manage not to get blown out by UM.  Year 2 under Frost we are seeing the same sloppy, erratic, turnover prone, penalty riddled play that cost us a lot of games last season.  If this game is another no-show blowout loss what are we to think?  Under Pelini these games would typically start with the team immediately turning the ball over a couple of times,  give up big plays on defense and then loser limp their way to the end looking quite feeble while getting blown out.  Mentally tough, well prepared teams that have an intent to win do not start games this way.  I will not be buying the snakebit excuse.  The team needs to look competitive start to finish in this game.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Frost said that the team wasn't ready for last year's UM game.  After 3 years of Rilely it seemed plausible.  That explanation still worked while watching other teams that we could compete with somehow manage not to get blown out by UM.  Year 2 under Frost we are seeing the same sloppy, erratic, turnover prone, penalty riddled play that cost us a lot of games last season.  If this game is another no-show blowout loss what are we to think?  Under Pelini these games would typically start with the team immediately turning the ball over a couple of times,  give up big plays on defense and then loser limp their way to the end looking quite feeble while getting blown out.  Mentally tough, well prepared teams that have an intent to win do not start games this way.  I will not be buying the snakebit excuse.  The team needs to look competitive start to finish in this game.

The team is not snakebit.

They are young and largely inexperienced, especially offensively.  Two of the top skill players are true sophomores.  Another a true freshman.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Well since Frost said that after the UM game last year the team played two more poor games against Purdue and Wisconsin and then turned it around and hasn't lost by more than 5 points (to tOSU last year). Yes, we've seen some sloppy, erratic and turnover prone games, but this team has never not shown up and has found ways to win or keep games close with that play. Then when they play a clean game we have a great win. I think the games will continue to get cleaner and cleaner as experience builds, but the past 11 games (since Wisc last year) suggest we won't see a blowout.

• Plus1 1