Forfeit to Ohio State now!

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm hoping it's like the Miami game and the team feeds off of it the same way.

Hope you're right but none of the teams we mentioned are and were not anywhere near the caliber of Ohio State. Their team looks better than they were last year. The energy at Memorial Stadium and the crowd has to go for 4 quarters. Even if we end up down 2-3 scores early. I don't think our guys will quit but through 3 games so far, I can't envision a perfect game either.

9 minutes ago, FTW said:

Hope you're right but none of the teams we mentioned are and were not anywhere near the caliber of Ohio State. Their team looks better than they were last year. The energy at Memorial Stadium and the crowd has to go for 4 quarters. Even if we end up down 2-3 scores early. I don't think our guys will quit but through 3 games so far, I can't envision a perfect game either.

There will be times in the game where things don't go our way.  OSU is going to score.  We will have a 3 and out here or there.  Maybe a turnover (hopefully not more than one). We might get down a couple scores.

The deal is to keep the energy up.  The team needs to stay focused and energized. 

If the stadium goes dead and the players start hanging their heads........we're done.

I don't think that will happen.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There will be times in the game where things don't go our way.  OSU is going to score.  We will have a 3 and out here or there.  Maybe a turnover (hopefully not more than one). We might get down a couple scores.

The deal is to keep the energy up.  The team needs to stay focused and energized. 

If the stadium goes dead and the players start hanging their heads........we're done.

I don't think that will happen.

This thing is even if we get down 14 early, we as fans need to keep the energy up. We can't let it deflate us. LOSE YOUR DAMN VOICES PEOPLE!!!!!

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Ohio State will be waiting for the bubble screens, where a Pick Six is always just inches away. 

I think we're pretty good with the playcalling that generated 700 yards last week. I just hope the coaches will instruct the players not to commit turnovers. 

I hope they've been instructing them not to commit turnovers all year.  Otherwise I think we have a bigger issue on our hands...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow....wouldn't it be fun if the narrative on Monday was....."It appears the Big Ten West is the best division after Wisconsin destroyed Michigan and Nebraska took care of business against OSU"?

I'm starting to get pumped already for this game.

I think the most likely headline following a win would be "800 hospitalized due to severe alcohol poisoning....due to the Huskers massive victory!  Go Big Red!"

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow....wouldn't it be fun if the narrative on Monday was....."It appears the Big Ten West is the best division after Wisconsin destroyed Michigan and Nebraska took care of business against OSU"?

I'm starting to get pumped already for this game.

We would be in the driver's seat for the West with a win Saturday. Especially since we get Wisconsin and Iowa at home. They each still have two tough crossover games left. 

Wisconsin @ Ohio State, Mich St 

Iowa @ Michigan, Penn St