Blackout?

17 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Yup...although I am sure there would be some type of deal, etc etc with a shirt company...the simple numbers point to a half a (+  or -) million cost.

85, 458 capacity X (rough guess) $7 per shirt= $598k+

Pretty sure the athletic department can find that sort of pocket change in the cushions of their couches. 

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, WhatDoIKnow said:

I've read that Penn State sets their white out game before the season starts and it's printed on the tickets.  Gives people plenty of time to prepare   That is the way to do it.

Looking forward to the alt unis but not sure about a black out for a day game.

I really think no matter how much notice you provide or even provide the shirt to the fan, we have enough curmudgeons that would refuse to participate where we could not pull it off...sad

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, WhatDoIKnow said:

I've read that Penn State sets their white out game before the season starts and it's printed on the tickets.  Gives people plenty of time to prepare   That is the way to do it.

Looking forward to the alt unis but not sure about a black out for a day game.

Mississippi State literally has a fan guide telling them what to wear to the game.

https://hailstate.com/documents/2019/7/10/2019_MSU_Football_What_To_Wear.pdf

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, lo country said:

I think the white out at PSU is pretty awesome.  Something here would be great if EVERYONE were to do it.

How about RED out - we practically do that every game and it would save all of us $$s  :D

But to your point - a black out would be cool.