2020 SG Tibet Gorener [Arizona Commit]

Originally from Turkey. Came to the US last year and played at Monteverde Academy, now playing in Orange, CA. Stetson and FGCU have also offered, looks like a sleeper kid. Seen reports he’s up to 6’8 which makes sense why Hoiberg is interested. Not sure we have a 2020 scholarship right now but he’s taking an OV this weekend so there’s definitely mutual interest.

• Plus1 1

Abdelmassih discovered him while watching Ouedraogo in Greece.  He moved to the US from Turkey two years ago.  Shot 46% on 3s at the European Championships.  His dad attended UN-O back in the day.  He likes that we already have several international players on the team.

No other trips planned at the moment.  We'll be out to visit him later this month.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Abdelmassih discovered him while watching Ouedraogo in Greece.  He moved to the US from Turkey two years ago.  Shot 46% on 3s at the European Championships.  His dad attended UN-O back in the day.  He likes that we already have several international players on the team.

No other trips planned at the moment.  We'll be out to visit him later this month.  

That is unbelievable 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 8:41 AM, seaofred92 said:

OV this weekend for Opening Night + tOSU football game. Not sure exactly how it’ll work since we don’t have a 2020 scholarship at the moment 

Interesting if 14 days ago they knew that this may be the play - has this kids shown up as headed anywhere?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/mens-basketball/star-center-adama-sanogo-is-a-potential-add-for-nebraska/article_cfcaf1dc-5d8c-51eb-8f8e-b776305df808.html

Another option is Tibet Gorener, a 6-foot-7 forward from Orange, California, who took an official visit to Nebraska in September 2019. Abdelmassih and Hoiberg went to watch Gorener play in Los Angeles in January.

• 3 weeks later...

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Arizona-Creighton-basketball-recruiting-Tibet-Gorener-offers-Turkey-146349331/

A year ago, Gorener was weighing offers between Nebraska and UCSB but his recruitment has changed recently, as he now has two offers he’s seriously considering with two others showing interest.

“Arizona offered yesterday,” Gorener said. “I had a great talk with coach Sean Miller which I’m very thankful for. Creighton has offered too I had a great talk with coach (Greg) McDermott on Zoom. UConn and Utah State have also reached out."

Making a decision sooner than later is Gorener’s current plan.

“I don’t have a set date or anything but I want to make a decision between the next month,” he said. “I’m really excited to play at the next level and I’m happy to have two really good options.”

• 1 year later...