Ohio State Week Pressers

Mavric

It has been said before - Under Mike Riley, the biggest issue (aside from the coaches) when we faced Ohio State was that the players didn't believe they deserved to be on the same field as them. That obviously was not the case last year, and I hope this year the guys continue to take a step forward in the mentality category: EXPECT TO WIN!

It is a little concerning to me how much the staff is talking up Ohio State. I get that you have to make sure your players understand the quality of opponent that they're facing, but I'm not sure I get an overly confident vibe from the coaches.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It has been said before - Under Mike Riley, the biggest issue (aside from the coaches) when we faced Ohio State was that the players didn't believe they deserved to be on the same field as them. That obviously was not the case last year, and I hope this year the guys continue to take a step forward in the mentality category: EXPECT TO WIN!

It is a little concerning to me how much the staff is talking up Ohio State. I get that you have to make sure your players understand the quality of opponent that they're facing, but I'm not sure I get an overly confident vibe from the coaches.

I think its pretty common to say positive things about your opponent... we also don't know what they are saying to the players behind closed doors..

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I think they are playing it correctly. You have to earn your swagger, not just be pumping sunshine. The point spread, the talent level, the fact that we have no kicker and our young (improving) offensive line faces a formidable defensive line led by an odds-on First Round NFL Draft pick DE, would not lead anybody to be predicting victory (or giving OSU bulletin board material/add'l motivation).

I think Frost is playing it just right. This game is a "measuring stick" for how far they have come - and how far they have yet to go to EARN a spot at the top of the Big Ten West (and eventually the B1G Championship). He's got a lot of recruits in town and he can tell them that the Huskers are headed in the right direction and he just needs THEM to join the Revival for 2020 and beyond.

I don't think that privately with his team he is giving any quarter - but they will have to play an extremely clean game.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

:koolaid2:

I like to look at body language and generally Frost hasn't looked his best this year, he's looked tired with bags under his bloodshot eyes. This week he's standing taller, the bags under his eyes are less, and his eyes aren't as red. Also him standing with his arms on his hips is a good sign of confidence.

2 hours ago, Salsa Red said:

I could be way off but Frost appears very confident in his presser and Day looks uptight and tense. I feel like we're going to shock the world on Saturday as long as we get out of our own way. Even if we lose I think we turn in a good performance.

Day looked and sounded normal to me in the presser I saw. 

• Plus1 2