NU to unveil $150 million football facility plan Friday

knapplc

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

He's probably more concerned with the location of the new track, not the old one.

Speaking of which, it makes perfect sense to put it closer to the indoor facility where Pepin spends most of his time. I have no idea what they're planning for Innovation Campus, but here are the two most likely locations for the new track, near as I can guess.

I also included (outlined in red) the new Gymnastics training facility going up at Devaney right now.

9ysXqbW.png

EDIT - I've heard some people speculate that they would maybe put the new track somewhere near the soccer field. There is no room for that, at all.  Here's how crowded that little area is already.  It makes most sense to put the track where the old horse racing track was. There's better parking, and a pretty decent space with leveled ground.

ZwbgP3l.png

I was kind of hoping that moving the outdoor track to Innovation Campus would be an excuse to finally raze the Ice Box. What a dump that place has become.

36 minutes ago, Husker Poyer said:

Hasn't it always been kind of a dump?  It seems like a re-used fairground barn.  Are the Stars relocating to Breslow?

It's never been upscale by any means, but it's definitely gotten worse over the last decade. Moving the Stars to Breslow would probably work if it had more seating. 

3 hours ago, Toe said:

Probably, but notice that there's two floors on it that are above the top of the stands. Could be space for some new suites or something.

338kXjH.png

@schriznoeder I know that. I get your point, I just don't think it's as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

I see what you're saying now must be something there! 

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, Mavric said:

In response to the earlier questions, the main purpose is to add elevators and escalators for fans in North Stadium.  But they are also looking to add six suites as well.

So would this be a Moos Knuckle? Asking for @GSG

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
8 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

What's with the grass parking lot

GTb4XyD.jpg

And are they adding a parking garage, upper right, or is it already there and just off camera?

49 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

1) I'd gladly shovel $80 to the University for this project. The ROI on this will be well worth it in terms of more than just money.

2) Everyone is welcome to say whatever they want, but I hope David Burn and others realize that an $80 investment won't make his opinions & criticisms carry much weight...

And uh, he’s not making an $80 investment.

• Plus1 1