NU to unveil $150 million football facility plan Friday

knapplc

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

On 10/11/2019 at 10:55 AM, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

I agree with the restroom and seating situation.  In 2019 there should not be trough-style urinals in existence.  Even mediocre small town bars in West Nowhere, Nebraska have gotten rid of them.  Expansion and overhaul there.  If Omaha area gas stations can put TVs over the pumps, maybe little TVs with ads and game action are possible too.  Any extra sound to drown out the guy auditioning for the Tower of Power horn section in the next stall over is alright by me as well.  I also hope for stadium seating everywhere.  Fact is we are overweight and some morbidly obese compared to 90 years ago.  The seats have to reflect that fact and I don't think the reduced seating capacity is an issue.

Troughs are best- more people can urinate in a given period, cost less and easier to clean.

I remember when the south stadium was a grassy slope called the Knothole section and the north end was just the old field house.  Memorial stadium has had so many revisions that it is hodge lodge of designs.  
I think they should just build an entirely new domed stadium out on the old fairgrounds.  Maybe renovate the current Memorial stadium to other uses like enclosed track & field, gymnastics, classrooms/offices, etc.  

Maybe build a computer controlled shuttle train between the campuses and parking lots similar to large airports.

BTW- What is an Innovation Campus and where is it?

4 hours ago, URSS said:

I remember when the south stadium was a grassy slope called the Knothole section and the north end was just the old field house.  Memorial stadium has had so many revisions that it is hodge lodge of designs.  
I think they should just build an entirely new domed stadium out on the old fairgrounds.  Maybe renovate the current Memorial stadium to other uses like enclosed track & field, gymnastics, classrooms/offices, etc.  

Maybe build a computer controlled shuttle train between the campuses and parking lots similar to large airports.

Old man alert with this post.

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, URSS said:

I think they should just build an entirely new domed stadium out on the old fairgrounds.

Innovation Campus is the old fairgrounds. They're moving the track up that way.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/big-red-business-what-s-next-for-new-track-stadium-and-innovation-campus-

• Plus1 2
On 11/18/2020 at 3:37 AM, URSS said:

Troughs are best- more people can urinate in a given period, cost less and easier to clean.

No, they are not.  People hate the lack of privacy and the cleaning difference is negligible and irrelevant.  Anyone arguing for troughs is living in the past.  I'd get rid of them on pedo concerns with tiny cameras and technology these days.