NU to unveil $150 million football facility plan Friday

knapplc

2 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

A good sub locks job specific material pricing with his venders....  ;) 

Thank You

And the only thing i will say is that i have worked and been apart of several smaller projects like houses, additions, and even revamping a small business (which was a couple mil).  All of those were laid out ahead of time on price of material and the price for material was not allowed to change.  Now i have not been apart of 150million dollar projects so my knowledge on that is null.  But i guess ill ask you,  if I'm filling out autographs and suddenly i  start charging you in the middle of signing, how are you going to feel about that.  What if you need to borrow money to get that autograph and suddenly its not enough.  You think the bank is potentially going to hand you over an extra few thousand because the builder didn't know how to do his job.  Sounds like some of you have been on the receiving end of some f#&%in or your the ones doing the f#&%in which if that's the case then shame on you.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Thank You

And the only thing i will say is that i have worked and been apart of several smaller projects like houses, additions, and even revamping a small business (which was a couple mil).  All of those were laid out ahead of time on price of material and the price for material was not allowed to change.  Now i have not been apart of 150million dollar projects so my knowledge on that is null.  But i guess ill ask you,  if I'm filling out autographs and suddenly i  start charging you in the middle of signing, how are you going to feel about that.  What if you need to borrow money to get that autograph and suddenly its not enough.  You think the bank is potentially going to hand you over an extra few thousand because the builder didn't know how to do his job.  Sounds like some of you have been on the receiving end of some f#&%in or your the ones doing the f#&%in which if that's the case then shame on you.

Has more to do with the volatility of the materials honestly. Yay covid 

6 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Has more to do with the volatility of the materials honestly. Yay covid 

Another huge impact is on the tarrifs that were put on Chinese steel.  It's been great for domestic steel manufacturers but they simply cannot keep up with the demand.  I'm friends with the CFO of a large steel company and he told me they're not taking on any new customers and giving take or leave it prices for their established customers.    The only way these steel construction prices return to earth is by more supply and unfortunately that means steel from China and Europe.

2 hours ago, MasterPulverizer said:

Another huge impact is on the tarrifs that were put on Chinese steel.  It's been great for domestic steel manufacturers but they simply cannot keep up with the demand.  I'm friends with the CFO of a large steel company and he told me they're not taking on any new customers and giving take or leave it prices for their established customers.    The only way these steel construction prices return to earth is by more supply and unfortunately that means steel from China and Europe.

And the Steel/Aluminum tariffs were ham-fisted and poorly implemented back in 2020 when they went into effect. Mix with COVID and it's been a 1-2 punch for industry as a whole. Really wish they would have done quotas for tariffs to give the domestic side time to ramp back up instead of blanket tariffs.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Thank You

And….how long ago were these projects?

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I find it funny that we have actual professionals in our athletic department that have done major construction projects before and have a team of lawyers and accountants…..and someone who might have done a home build is upset because they think they know more about it.  

Oh jesus man, ok brandon ill say it so its clear.  I never claimed to be an expert, i only claimed in my dealings that the quotes i recieved the prices never went above what was quoted.  Thats how im used to doing it, if you do it different great good for you.  I never claimed to know more than anyone on here about the subject.  But im sure others are alot more well versed in the art of..... doing whatever business your used to doing.

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Oh jesus man, ok brandon ill say it so its clear.  I never claimed to be an expert, i only claimed in my dealings that the quotes i recieved the prices never went above what was quoted.  Thats how im used to doing it, if you do it different great good for you.  I never claimed to know more than anyone on here about the subject.  But im sure others are alot more well versed in the art of..... doing whatever business your used to doing.

Then why do you get so upset about something you clearly don’t understand and it’s not your money?

• Plus1 2