NU to unveil $150 million football facility plan Friday

knapplc

46 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'm no engineer, but the foundation underneath would have only been designed to support the first deck. Adding significantly more weight on top would require major reinforcement

Could be, weak foundations.  But original Vols stadium, 1st deck only.  Later on, added 2nd deck. Simply extend vertical beams (foundation).

unnamed3464467613_t400_hfd6801f23fb9b5dc

2 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Much different between $$east project$$ and proposed north/south 2nd decks.  East .... new building, added 3rd and 4th decks, new foundation,  fancy and remodeled gates, etc etc etc

Plus I assumed 100 years old north/south stadium  .... not true. North/South, 1966 ... not 1923.

Once again (east project)

tUJhg5k.png

You realize that those 'video pillars' you want to destroy weren't put there for video and are part of Memorial Stadium's original structure, right?

54d8a97587c2f24e57dbc76223264e9f.jpg

• Plus1 2
41 minutes ago, Toe said:

You realize that those 'video pillars' you want to destroy weren't put there for video and are part of Memorial Stadium's original structure, right?

54d8a97587c2f24e57dbc76223264e9f.jpg

15 years ago or so, Ohio State Horseshoe stadium proposed video screens on top of original pillars (hidden). But shot down immediately because OSU diehard fans don't like it at all.

site_study_columbus-ohio-stadium2.jpg

BTW, 2023 or 2024 off-season, replace surface from fake turf to beautiful natural grass (OSU).

funny-Hank-King-Hill-grass-quote.jpg.jpg

• Plus1 1

Stadium is fine.  Have you guys been to Ross Aid stadium (purdue), Ryan Field (NW), Mich st, IN?.  Way better than those.  I've been to Iowa but I was really young but I'm assuming it's not great.  Gonna go ahead and say MN, Maryland and Rutgers are nothing to write home about.  So that basically leaves Penn St, Mich, OSU and Wisconsin.  Wisconsin being the worst of those 

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Oh I see, so you just want to make the outside look uglier than it is, and also have no room for concourses and concessions for the people in the top deck of the endzones.

Speaking of concourses, I'd love to see an oval concourse all the way around the stadium like Memorial Stadium's architect originally proposed:

1922-Memorial-Stadium-architect-renditio

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Stadium is fine.  Have you guys been to Ross Aid stadium (purdue), Ryan Field (NW), Mich st, IN?.  Way better than those.  I've been to Iowa but I was really young but I'm assuming it's not great.  Gonna go ahead and say MN, Maryland and Rutgers are nothing to write home about.  So that basically leaves Penn St, Mich, OSU and Wisconsin.  Wisconsin being the worst of those 

I've been to Minny and it was ok, not great.  The giant endzone score board is angled and we couldn't even see it from the visitors section.  I've also been to the shoe was was very disappointed.  The retired numbers/signs were faded from red to pink and the turf looked ancient.  There was also only sound coming from one end so videos sounded delayed. I've been to Iowa also and thought it was good,  I like the field being sunken.  Makes it unique.

Honestly Nebraska has a really good environment, good video and sound etc. The stadium is one of the better ones for college football.  That doesn't mean they can't improve things greatly but it's definitely near the top.

• Plus1 2