NU to unveil $150 million football facility plan Friday

knapplc

On 1/27/2023 at 6:27 AM, Red Five said:

Meaning "there ain't gonna be one like it for 5 years" is totally BS

You might be right :dunno

But only on HB will somebody claim that our not even finished, by all accounts state of the art advanced facility will soon be inferior to another not as yet even conceived facility so matter of factly.

Should we just quit trying? Will anything ever be good enough? Seems we can’t win with some folks.

• TBH 3

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is what you can buy for 160 million for no other purpose than to convince 18 year old kids to come play for us.  

Very little of this project actually makes a kid a better football player. 

But, if this is what it takes…

Kind of a waste when you think about it...

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Kind of a waste when you think about it...

I saw a guy on Twitter comment that he stands at a trough peeing with 12 other guys shoulder to shoulder…..but, he’ll keep doing it if that’s what it takes for the players to have a custom built waterfall to view as they walk in their building. Obviously being sarcastic. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I saw a guy on Twitter comment that he stands at a trough peeing with 12 other guys shoulder to shoulder…..but, he’ll keep doing it if that’s what it takes for the players to have a custom built waterfall to view as they walk in their building. Obviously being sarcastic. 

It's true, but until fans stop hemorrhaging money into the program not much will change.   I like games in Lincoln still, but have grown to enjoy other newer stadiums better on road trips.  The old place needs a remodel for sure.

13 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is what you can buy for 160 million for no other purpose than to convince 18 year old kids to come play for us.  

Very little of this project actually makes a kid a better football player. 

But, if this is what it takes…

It's all about presentation.  If you are a prestige university then you should pour money back into your program for upgrades.  Im figuring that that video is a tiny potion of what we actually fully see when its all done.  I think HC Matt Rhule said something about student body recovery and what all comes with that.  Don't feel like every university has that.  I don't know how many universities actually have pools for students to recover after a major injury but I believe that Nebraska's focus is that.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

It's all about presentation.  If you are a prestige university then you should pour money back into your program for upgrades.  Im figuring that that video is a tiny potion of what we actually fully see when its all done.  I think HC Matt Rhule said something about student body recovery and what all comes with that.  Don't feel like every university has that.  I don't know how many universities actually have pools for students to recover after a major injury but I believe that Nebraska's focus is that.

Ok….great. Still, 90% of it doesn’t make the guys better football players. 

On 1/29/2023 at 12:38 PM, Mavric said:

I get your point.  But in this case it's not nearly as high of a number.  All their meeting rooms, a weight room and a practice facility are all included.

Ok….they had meeting rooms before and a weight room.  

I know this is what programs have to do to attract talent. I just don’t get all excited about a building I will never be in and seems like such a huge waste, if we are really honest. But, it attracts kids. 

I’ll shut up now and go pee in my trough. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok….they had meeting rooms before and a weight room.  

I know this is what programs have to do to attract talent. I just don’t get all excited about a building I will never be in and seems like such a huge waist, if we are really honest. But, it attracts kids. 

It does more than attract kids. All of the facilities, the perks, the bells and whistles, etc. are done to attract kids to NU, but have them perform at their best (and for the team) once they get to NU. Coaches want players hanging around the facilities because they aren’t goofing around and getting into trouble. Coaches also want players to hang around with each other because that helps build trust, rapport, and better teams. Also, if the player excels on the field and in the classroom and has a great experience in the program, the coach can turn around and use that player (and others) as an example for future recruits and their families. It’s the life cycle for the college athlete and athletic programs. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It does more than attract kids. All of the facilities, the perks, the bells and whistles, etc. are done to attract kids to NU, but have them perform at their best (and for the team) once they get to NU. Coaches want players hanging around the facilities because they aren’t goofing around and getting into trouble. Coaches also want players to hang around with each other because that helps build trust, rapport, and better teams. Also, if the player excels on the field and in the classroom and has a great experience in the program, the coach can turn around and use that player (and others) as an example for future recruits and their families. It’s the life cycle for the college athlete and athletic programs. 

Ok….they had gaming rooms, pool tables, lounges…etc in the old building. At least we were told it was awesome when it was built. 

The last part of your post basically agreed with me.  

• Plus1 1