NU to unveil $150 million football facility plan Friday

knapplc

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok….they had meeting rooms before and a weight room.  

I know this is what programs have to do to attract talent. I just don’t get all excited about a building I will never be in and seems like such a huge waist, if we are really honest. But, it attracts kids. 

I’ll shut up now and go pee in my trough. 

That's a different argument than you originally posted.

And, yes, they had those facilities before.  But they were not big enough for the number of players we had.  So it was inconvenient and tricky from a logistics standpoint.

Of course, the number of player we have going forward may be shrinking, so it may not have been as big of a deal.

But what we are doing is most definitely help make the players better.

• Plus1 2

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok….they had meeting rooms before and a weight room.  

I know this is what programs have to do to attract talent. I just don’t get all excited about a building I will never be in and seems like such a huge waist, if we are really honest. But, it attracts kids. 

I’ll shut up now and go pee in my trough. 

The athletic department screwed up when it expanded the East stadium with that additional seating section, instead of investing in upgrades to Memorial Stadium. Once this new football facility is complete, Trev is turning his focus to stadium upgrades.  If you want to argue that the stadium upgrades should have been done before the new football/athletic (because it will be used by all athletes) then I guess that’s fair.

44 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That's a different argument than you originally posted.

And, yes, they had those facilities before.  But they were not big enough for the number of players we had.  So it was inconvenient and tricky from a logistics standpoint.

Of course, the number of player we have going forward may be shrinking, so it may not have been as big of a deal.

But what we are doing is most definitely help make the players better.

The roster is supposed to be smaller.  

41 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The athletic department screwed up when it expanded the East stadium with that additional seating section, instead of investing in upgrades to Memorial Stadium. Once this new football facility is complete, Trev is turning his focus to stadium upgrades.  If you want to argue that the stadium upgrades should have been done before the new football/athletic (because it will be used by all athletes) then I guess that’s fair.

I’ve said that we need to build this to attract athletes.  So….