NU to unveil $150 million football facility plan Friday

knapplc

4 hours ago, desertshox said:

What was the original time frame to have it completed by? Just seems odd that they are rushing to have certain aspects done by fall.

Thought it was supposed to be done before the season starts.  Now they know they aren't going to finish so they are focusing on areas the players use the most. Seems smart 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, desertshox said:

What was the original time frame to have it completed by? Just seems odd that they are rushing to have certain aspects done by fall.

Generally speaking I haven't been on a job site since Covid that hasn't had problems with materials and, to an extent, labor. Check the 8:00 make for facility comments.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, desertshox said:

Was supposed to be done in July, I believe.

As @Gage County said, it shouldn't be surprising that anything is running behind with all the construction issues over the past couple of years.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

I know nothing about grass outside of how to mow it and to follow a fertilizer schedule almost religiously to ensure weedless green grass. Couple questions. First, how long does it take for grass field like these to root in before it can be practiced on. (I know the fields are mixed with synthetic grass and that helps with wear & tear) Secondly, how well will the grass practice fields hold up this fall? Man will they look dope once complete though. 

1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

Couple questions. First, how long does it take for grass field like these to root in before it can be practiced on. (I know the fields are mixed with synthetic grass and that helps with wear & tear)

60 years

Secondly, how well will the grass practice fields hold up this fall?

Terribly

Man will they look dope once complete though.

13649620_69665b902e_n.jpg

• Haha 7
19 hours ago, Loebarth said:

I know nothing about grass outside of how to mow it and to follow a fertilizer schedule almost religiously to ensure weedless green grass. Couple questions. First, how long does it take for grass field like these to root in before it can be practiced on. (I know the fields are mixed with synthetic grass and that helps with wear & tear) Secondly, how well will the grass practice fields hold up this fall? Man will they look dope once complete though. 

Sparty did their stadium in 2 and half months.

https://msuspartans.com/news/2011/6/29/Spartan_Stadium_To_Undergo_Turf_Replacement_This_Summer

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...