NU to unveil $150 million football facility plan Friday

knapplc

31 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It's disappointing to see that they cut back on the scale of the project. Nebraska needs to be the standard in facilities. Every advantage possible, is needed to get this thing back on track.

They haven't cut back on the scale of it.  They just split it in two parts.  That let's them get started on the overall project and get a lot of it down but leave open the possibility to push parts of it down the road a bit to raise more donations and give the athletic department time to recover from the loss of revenue this past year.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

They haven't cut back on the scale of it.  They just split it in two parts.  That let's them get started on the overall project and get a lot of it down but leave open the possibility to push parts of it down the road a bit to raise more donations and give the athletic department time to recover from the loss of revenue this past year.

Ah, okay. I thought I read they scaled it down. Good to hear. 

On 4/16/2021 at 8:39 AM, JJ Husker said:

That's a good question. Steel prices have basically doubled since December. I'm not sure what other materials have done but I hear people complaining about lumber prices. That price tag has to be going up significantly.

The updated quote to finish out our attic was $20,000+ higher than it was  a little more than a year ago.

16 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I figured the Friday ground breaking was a recruiting tactic for anyone who was going to be in town on Friday.  They get to go watch it and see the plans and be excited for the future.

Yes. Also gives a sales pitch to recruits who will be at the spring game. I'm sure there will be some sort of announcement during a timeout/break. Very smart and strategic time to do the ground breaking. 

8 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Who's the moron that put the goal post on the side of the field??? :movegoalpost:

Do you really want them kicking footballs into the glass windows or up on the roof?! Then someone has to get a ladder and climb up there every time! Geesh 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, GSG said:

Do you really want them kicking footballs into the glass windows or up on the roof?! Then someone has to get a ladder and climb up there every time! Geesh 

That's how you know the practice is over Smalls. Nobody's got 90¢ for another ball!

• Plus1 1