NU to unveil $150 million football facility plan Friday

knapplc

5 minutes ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me why they didn't just put track infrastructure in when building the new soccer stadium, seems like a no brainer. 

I don't think a full-sized soccer field fits easily inside a 400-meter track.

https://www.socceramerica.com/publications/article/38222/high-school-soccer-still-gets-short-shrift.html

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

If Georgia did $174 why didnt we just do $175?

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

That was the largest I could find, so ya I think we're pushing near the top. Clemson's $55 mil was part of $222.4 mil "athletic facility upgrades" so that includes more than just football. Looks like Georgia's number included some stadium stuff too, so the $150 for NU may not be just football.

Construction costs in the 3rd world cornfields of Nebraska are much cheaper so $150 mil is equivalent of $275 mil! We are literally building the facility of dreams!

• Haha 2

I’m so so so glad they waited on this stuff so that Frost and his  fingerprint is left on it. 

He’ll be here 30 yrs the way he stays in shape and cares about the program (plus wins and ‘ships of course lol). 

He’ll get what HE wants and knows what it takes rather than a “hey look! We upgraded facilities!” Type of feel. It will be right for the program not just to entice recruits but to get the young men in meetings, weight room, films the right way, etc...

I guess my only thought on this “arms race” is...

what’s next in 12 yrs when our new one now seems outdated?? New tech, new rehab, new films and stuff...but I would expect new stuff needs to be added or built every 10-12 yrs. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
30 minutes ago, I am I said:

I’m so so so glad they waited on this stuff so that Frost and his  fingerprint is left on it. 

He’ll be here 30 yrs the way he stays in shape and cares about the program (plus wins and ‘ships of course lol). 

He’ll get what HE wants and knows what it takes rather than a “hey look! We upgraded facilities!” Type of feel. It will be right for the program not just to entice recruits but to get the young men in meetings, weight room, films the right way, etc...

I guess my only thought on this “arms race” is...

what’s next in 12 yrs when our new one now seems outdated?? New tech, new rehab, new films and stuff...but I would expect new stuff needs to be added or built every 10-12 yrs. 

If they make the facility big enough, things can be updated inside with the latest tech and gadgets. The biggest problem with the current facility was that it was just too small.  That includes the locker room, meeting rooms, and weight room.  Just make the place ginormous, and then tweak it every few years with that newest and coolest stuff. 

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

I wonder if the upgrades will be from Donors or Increase in ticket prices or would they be going thru with the beer sales. 

If they'd sell beer, I think they'd need to invest in upgrading the rest rooms. 

There’s a lot of money coming from B1G TV rights that we started receiving in full after the change in conference a couple years back. Since the athletic department was in the red without this extra cash, I’m sure some of it is coming from that.