NU to unveil $150 million football facility plan Friday

knapplc

1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

I'd rather renovate Memorial stadium.  I believe far less than $150M cost.

TdcbBmj.png

tUJhg5k.png

• Replace from ugly construction barrier fence (eyesore) to plant real red robin hedges
  • Daktronics will be twice the size vs. north husker video
  • Natural grass .... Keep up with elite teams surface (Kardashians ;))
  • New second deck, closer to the action.  Not shown, carbon copy north stands (second deck)
  • Tear down video screens. Why? Now tradition pillars.  And carved Southeast pillar: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars." Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory." Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport." Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

We know, you've been posting that for like a decade now.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

I'd rather renovate Memorial stadium.  I believe far less than $150M cost.

Thing is, we need the new athletic facility to try to stay competitive with everyone else who has or is building a new facility. If we continue to fall behind and the football trend continues, people who attend the games will have plenty of room to stretch out since the place will only be about half full.

11 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Civil engineer friend estimate $50M or less (roughly) both north & south 2nd decks. The key thing, he said the same foundation as old north/south stands

It cost $60M to do east stadium 10 years ago.  No chance it would cost $50M to do both north and south stadium currently.

And the stadium is 100 years old.  I would be shocked if they could use the same foundation.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
33 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It cost $60M to do east stadium 10 years ago.  No chance it would cost $50M to do both north and south stadium currently.

And the stadium is 100 years old.  I would be shocked if they could use the same foundation.

Much different between $$east project$$ and proposed north/south 2nd decks.  East .... new building, added 3rd and 4th decks, new foundation,  fancy and remodeled gates, etc etc etc

Plus I assumed 100 years old north/south stadium  .... not true. North/South, 1966 ... not 1923.

Once again (east project)

tUJhg5k.png