*** Official Ohio State Game Thread ***

suh_fan93

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We say this about every team that gives us trouble. Heck, people were saying South Alabama was a decent team after Week One. Ohio State isn't the best. 

I wouldn't be surprised if OSU loses 1 or 2 games in the regular season.  It's no different from UM last year.  We can't play these teams close but somehow other teams that we play close with can somehow make a competitive game when they play those teams.  We just don't show up for these games.

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Not IMO.  No reason we are getting the sh!t kicked out of us like Riley.  

Do you see improvement in year 2? Honest question.  I don't.  Not 4 games in....

Just agree to disagree.

Of course there's improvement.

If you don't think there's a difference in what Urb left behind versus Riley, then dear God.....

Blame Steve Petersen, Tom Osborne, and Shawn Eichorst.  Between those three Ads, things never got better.  Maybe not Tom, but the other two dismantled this program.

So yeah, this isn't all on Scott Frost.  I think some of his play calling and not subbing out AMart is on him right now, but what else can you say.  Amart probably took 90% of the snaps in practice all week leaving any other QB clueless.

For all those who continue to think that we actually have Top 10 recruited talent, needs to just quit.  We are around 20-30 in that area, and playing like that compared to actual TOP 5 recruited talent at Ohio St.  Meyer left Top 10 class after Top 10 class for a few years in a row.  They have NFL players on every level.  We might have one of two NFL capable players on our roster currently.

Just now, huskerfan74 said:

We have not beaten a top 5 team for at least 18 years now. They way we have played this season, I am confident we won’t be beating any top ten teams...if we think this is bad, wait till Wisconsin comes to Lincoln.

Wisconsin is super good but more one dimensional offensively compared to OSU...as we saw today when they played Northwestern. OSU has always had the most talent and now have a staff that has them playing better than ever.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Of course there's improvement.

If you don't think there's a difference in what Urb left behind versus Riley, then dear God.....

Its not that.  I just don't see improvement.  I see us STRUGGLE against Illionois.  Give up 34 in a quarter and a half.  Getting road killed by OSU...Penalties, mistakes, TO's, coaching miscues (TO to start the half against CU)...

So no.  I don't see anyhting that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling....I did like the I formation that we abandoned...

• Plus1 1
Just now, lo country said:

Its not that.  I just don't see improvement.  I see us STRUGGLE against Illionois.  Give up 34 in a quarter and a half.  Getting road killed by OSU...Penalties, mistakes, TO's, coaching miscues (TO to start the half against CU)...

So no.  I don't see anyhting that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling....I did like the I formation that we abandoned...

News flash.

We

Are

Not 

Talented 

Or 

Developed 

Enough

• Plus1 1