Jimmies and Joes

1 minute ago, WildBillMoos said:

And after a year of coaching where are we? This Ohio State team isn’t any better. We were supposed to be. So players or coaching? Or both? Take your pick. We aren’t at this level. And we have a few years until we are. So you take a few laps. And let me know in 2021 how we are. 

I’ll chime in. 

Osu played poorly against us last year. Especially Haskins. 

They had little film on us.  

Martinez was head and shoulders better then.

osu is better this year. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, WildBillMoos said:

And after a year of coaching where are we? This Ohio State team isn’t any better. We were supposed to be. So players or coaching? Or both? Take your pick. We aren’t at this level. And we have a few years until we are. So you take a few laps. And let me know in 2021 how we are. 

You literally just made all my points for me. Go take another lap and come back and try again. 

12 minutes ago, WildBillMoos said:

Goodness. You people. The coaching is better than ours. The players are better than ours. Every facet of their game is better than ours. We are paying the price for years spent on mediocrity. Frost will be competitive. In five years. Until then. Just enjoy us building up. We should make a bowl. Then go forward. Until then. You’re all delusional. Sorry not sorry. We are not near a top 10 team. And we won’t be. For years. 

At least we are all bitching on what we’ve seen in 17 games so far. Glad you know we will be competitive in 5 years. 

• Haha 1

We need to focus on the trenches and the backers. I think with the young talent from last year's recruiting class and green we will be more athletic upfront on D next year. And I hope we can have a some young talent that can unseat some/all of the starters on the o line. Also, thinking a big body receiver can do wonders.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

We need to focus on the trenches and the backers. I think with the young talent from last year's recruiting class and green we will be more athletic upfront on D next year. And I hope we can have a some young talent that can unseat some/all of the starters on the o line. Also, thinking a big body receiver can do wonders.

Most glaring weaknesses right now are OL & LB. We need upgrades in talent pretty much across the board, but we improve those 2 positions and we're a WAY better team

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

If people can’t see that for what it was, a clear repudiation of how we go about things in regards to recruiting and program building then it’s never coming. 

We’re going to find out if we actually want to win or if we’re content being a tribute band that plays the hits from 90’s that just doesn’t sound quite as good as the original. 

Recruit. Now.  And not piss a$$ mid 20’s classes. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

If people can’t see that for what it was, a clear repudiation of how we go about things in regards to recruiting and program building then it’s never coming. 

We’re going to find out if we actually want to win or if we’re content being a tribute band that plays the hits from 90’s that just doesn’t sound quite as good as the original. 

Recruit. Now.  And not piss a$$ mid 20’s classes. 

I think that was a big reason for the announcement of the 155 million dollar facility investment.  If the team ends up winning 7 games and makes a bowl it will show as trending upward at the end of the year and recruiting will be in good shape IMO.  If Ohio State makes the Playoff, which looks likely right now, I don't think this lopsided game is going to be held against them.  Most years Ohio State and Michigan should outrecruit Nebraska anyway, that's a given based on history.

2 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

I think that was a big reason for the announcement of the 155 million dollar facility investment.  If the team ends up winning 7 games and makes a bowl it will show as trending upward at the end of the year and recruiting will be in good shape IMO

That’s fine but we could be recruiting better than we are right now. 

3 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

That’s fine but we could be recruiting better than we are right now. 

Really? We could be recruiting better than we have under any coaching staff since Osborne? How exactly outside of winning more football games could we be doing better? You say this alot but I've yet to see you defend it, probably because its false.

I see you said we recruit mid 20s up there? Under Frost 23rd on a short cycle and 18th with a full cycle off of 4 win seasons. Again, how could we be doing better?

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Really? We could be recruiting better than we have under any coaching staff since Osborne? How exactly outside of winning more football games could we be doing better? You say this alot but I've yet to see you defend it, probably because its false.

Yes. We could. 

Like I said, we aren’t recruiting at a level to be successful. I thought tonight would have shown that. 

Just now, CapoValley said:

Yes. We could. 

Like I said, we aren’t recruiting at a level to be successful. I thought tonight would have shown that. 

2 classes of recruits can't compete against 5. 18th class with a full cycle. You pick at recruiting every time but never anything to back it up. What staff that will coach here could do better than 18th after back to back 4-8 seasons. I'll wait.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I see you said we recruit mid 20s up there? Under Frost 23rd on a short cycle and 18th with a full cycle off of 4 win seasons. Again, how could we be doing better?

By being higher. 

Look man the argument is over. The #5 team in the nation came to town tonight, handed us our a$$ and could have scored whatever they wanted. 

And they’re a midwestern team. With a much better radius than us. And THEY don’t think they can get it done by grooming walk ons, building something over years, etc. They land top ten classes every year.  A #18 class would drop that staff on the hot seat. 

That’s the reality 

Just now, CapoValley said:

By being higher. 

Look man the argument is over. The #5 team in the nation came to town tonight, handed us our a$$ and could have scored whatever they wanted. 

And they’re a midwestern team. With a much better radius than us. And THEY don’t think they can get it done by grooming walk ons, building something over years, etc. They land top ten classes every year.  A #18 class would drop that staff on the hot seat. 

That’s the reality 

The reality is they had one of the best coaches in the country and have been winning 10 plus games a season the past decade. You sound like an idiot, the situations are in no way comparable. Again what coach in the country could come in and recruit top 10 classes off the bat with the results we have had? That is a completely ridiculous expectation

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

The reality is they had one of the best coaches in the country and have been winning 10 plus games a season the past decade. You sound like an idiot, the situations are in no way comparable. Again what coach in the country could come in and recruit top 10 classes off the bat with the results we have had? That is a completely ridiculous expectation

The scenario you’re describing has occurred in the college football landscape.