Jimmies and Joes

24 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

:facepalm: so he should have signed a top 10 class, 18th in his first full cycle isn't good enough? Also weren't you the one who said Frost can't recruit at the power 5 level? Also what are your standards in recruiting? Because earlier it was better than mid 20s then when I point out Frost is top 20 all of the sudden it needs to be top 10. Also you still haven't answered the question of how 2 recruiting classes is supposed to win football games against teams like Ohio State who have been recruiting top 5 for 5 plus years because I'm not sure 2 straight #1 classes would put enough talent on our roster to win tonight.

I mean, to all your hypotheticals, yes. 

Thats what it’s going to take. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Agreed.  Real easy to +1 the obvious after it happens.  Brilliant  ... and oh so helpful.  We will look forward to your expertise before NW, Wisky and Iowa.

I'm clueless.  Ha ha.

Bu the way, what was your prediction before the year started?

Why are you getting all twisted up about it ? ,   I agreed with the content of the post, gave it a +1,    who cares if a "newbie" posted it.  Was I trying to be brilliant and helpful ?  Nope,  just a +1 on a post. Do I think your clueless ? Nope, something else.   BTW my prediction was 9-3.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, CapoValley said:

Yes. Like him. Take a good long look at how he built that program and ask yourself what Clemson had in 08 vs us. 

He built that program recruiting the atlanta metro area that's like a 5 hour car ride from campus and one of the most talent rich areas in the country. Also why would elite coaches come here when they can make top money at top schools? Dude nebraska isn't a destination job. Frost is only here because he played here. If any other coach had to choose from nebraska Tennessee or Florida they wouldn't have chosen Nebraska. 

I get what you are saying kind of but there is no quick fix for Nebraska football. Nebraska doesn't even have a two deep let alone one full of 4 and 5 star guys like a ohio state or penn state. Probably never will. If nebraska is going to win it isn't going to be with 2 million dollar coordinators or top ten Recruiting classes. It's going to have to be in developing guys other schools over looked. Oregon was pretty good when frost was there and they weren't recruiting at a top 10 level.

4 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

He built that program recruiting the atlanta metro area that's like a 5 hour car ride from campus and one of the most talent rich areas in the country. Also why would elite coaches come here when they can make top money at top schools? Dude nebraska isn't a destination job. Frost is only here because he played here. If any other coach had to choose from nebraska Tennessee or Florida they wouldn't have chosen Nebraska. 

I get what you are saying kind of but there is no quick fix for Nebraska football. Nebraska doesn't even have a two deep let alone one full of 4 and 5 star guys like a ohio state or penn state. Probably never will. If nebraska is going to win it isn't going to be with 2 million dollar coordinators or top ten Recruiting classes. It's going to have to be in developing guys other schools over looked. Oregon was pretty good when frost was there and they weren't recruiting at a top 10 level.

This is a defeatist attitude 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

This is a defeatist attitude 

Ok we'll just hire away the best coaches in the country that are already at top schools getting paid top dollar contracts then start recruiting top ten level guys out of states that top ten teams in them that those kids grew up wanting to play for. You are delusional if you think Nebraska is going to win the same way Alabama does. 

We're going to have to be something close to what oregon was when chip kelly had them rolling. 

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

Ok we'll just hire away the best coaches in the country that are already at top schools getting paid top dollar contracts then start recruiting top ten level guys out of states that top ten teams in them that those kids grew up wanting to play for. You are delusional if you think Nebraska is going to win the same way Alabama does. 

We're going to have to be something close to what oregon was when chip kelly had them rolling. 

I’d settle for winning the way Ohio st does. Can we recruit like that?

5 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

I’d settle for winning the way Ohio st does. Can we recruit like that?

Maybe once we have similar results to them but probably not because Ohio and Michigan are vastly more populated than Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, SD. Missouri is the best we have and St. Louis is in OSUs radius as well. Can we recruit top 10 consistently? Yes once we start winning more games. Can we recruit top 3 consistently? No we can't and that is simple geography and demographics 

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Maybe once we have similar results to them but probably not because Ohio and Michigan are vastly more populated than Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, SD. Missouri is the best we have and St. Louis is in OSUs radius as well. Can we recruit top 10 consistently? Yes once we start winning more games. Can we recruit top 3 consistently? No we can't and that is simple geography and demographics 

This program has NEVER consistently recruited top 10 classes.

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Funny think about ohio’s Geography, which I’ll admit is better than ours, they don’t rely on it as much as you think while we say we have to build up walk ons. 

It’s going to take more aggressive, better recruiting then what is happening. It was plain as day last night. 

Just now, CapoValley said:

Funny think about ohio’s Geography, which I’ll admit is better than ours, they don’t rely on it as much as you think while we say we have to build up walk ons. 

It’s going to take more aggressive, better recruiting then what is happening. It was plain as day last night. 

How many times do we have to go over last night is not indicative of Frosts recruiting and it is absurd to keep making that connection. WE HAVE NO UPPERCLASSMEN. That makes a difference when the team you are playing has elite recruiting senior through freshman. We recruit the country too, but don't act like they don't hit Detroit hard and have better ties to places like New Jersey. We recruit similarly to OSU as far as a national footprint but their local prospects boosts that strategy. It would help if they didn't own St. Louis, but thats what winning does for you.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

There ya go. I think we could with brand spanking new facilities and one of the best coaches in the nation, but expecting that out of Frost is pretty ridiculous.

No one will confuse Bill Callahan with one of the best coaches in the nation but he got recruits to Lincoln. So Frost can be expected to as well