Nebraska Football Staff

BIG ERN

I said since the hiring of Frost that the big issue was having an experienced coordinator and assistants to help him out. The weight is all on Frost and he cannot trust the other coaches and I'll stick to that. Chinander is not a good coach. Period. The only two assistants right now pulling weight are Held and Fisher strictly based on their recruiting. Tony is up in the air since he is so new. Nick Saban has had a ton of great assistants and coordinators, many who were or became head coaches. Clemson has the best D coordinator in the nation.Ohio State has former head coach assistants again. People can talk up Walters and Chinander but no one is knocking on our door to get them. I know people on the inside suspected this from the jump as well, and other big programs who wanted Frost specifically told him he would need to get a different D coordinator. You think it was all Osborne? Charlie McBride was a God send along with Solich as an assistant. Chin reminds me of another Iowa clown who wanted to implement his defense here. Chin is a nice guy who wants to embrace the culture but that only goes so far. I'm also aware that our offense has been suspect as well. We just need to get more kids in that can play on the line and that takes the most time. We will always have enough athletes to score down the road. Defense on the other hand has a LONG ways to go. Frost has some things to learn and it will more than likely take longer than what people want. Gotta step back and see where your team is at. Two close wins over bad teams this year and a meltdown loss to an average Colorado. I don't want to hear any kool aid until this team can with a conference title and who knows when that will happen. It's been since 1999...

I never expected to win tonight, but this is just sad and deja vu. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2

I'm sorry but how much blame should be placed on the defense when the offense consistently leaves them out to dry? The defense might look ok if given a chance but as of now the offense coughs the ball up 2 plus times a game in terrible position and regularly goes 3 and out. How do you play defense like that? Its a joke to blame the D right now

• Plus1 5

2 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Folks need to stop panicking. Name one kid in the trenches that you know will be drafted?  We've known for some time that we don't have the talent to compete at an elite level. And Frost doesn't have a magic wand to immediately change that. Folks should calm down knowing this is a building process that will take time.

I agree a lot with this.  Who is on the draft board?  

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What we're seeing is no different than what we saw at times under:

Solich

Callahan

Pelini

Riley

and now Frost

Five different coaches, five different staffs. Same results.

It's not the coaches.

Solich and Pelini weren't bad though. They just weren't great. Bill and Riley were garbage. Frost so far isn't looking a lot different. 

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Solich

Callahan

Pelini

Riley

and now Frost

It's not the coaches.

Can’t win without talent and none of these guys get and develop talent.

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Solich

Callahan

Pelini

Riley

and now Frost

It's not the coaches.

I agree and it drives me nuts trying to figure out why teams like Wisconsin, northwestern and Iowa field about 7 JoJo Domanns on defense year in and year out. We are lucky to have one. Need to recruit smarter and tougher players I guess.  

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I agree and it drives me nuts trying to figure out why teams like Wisconsin, northwestern and Iowa field about 7 JoJo Domanns on defense year in and year out. We are lucky to have one. Need to recruit smarter and tougher players I guess.  

A good D coordinator can make that happen. Parker is great at Iowa and has been for a long time. Wisconsin had Aranda and now have Leonhard who is damn good. They aren't out recruiting us 

• Plus1 2