Nebraska Football Staff

BIG ERN

Just now, Red Five said:

Said every Nebraska fan for the last 10 years

Next year we have JoJo, Cam, Tannor's stepping up, so there's 3. There's also a lot of true freshmen and young guys who'll get the opportunity. Maybe it doesn't happen like the last 10 years, but I think it changes with Frost. 

43 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What we're seeing is no different than what we saw at times under:

Solich

Callahan

Pelini

Riley

and now Frost

Five different coaches, five different staffs. Same results.

It's not the coaches.

Well we need to get used to this.  I think it’s time to recognize that Wisconsin is probably our ceiling

9 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Martinez is not trash. Yes isn't having a break out season, but he is a true sophomore who, in my mind, has had too much put on his shoulders. He's without a 1000 yard back and receiver that he had last year, with a rebuilt/suspect o line.

Yep, this is well said.  We sure miss the security blanket in one Stanley Morgan Jr. and the downhill running of Devine Ozigbo.

1 minute ago, melscott62 said:

Well we need to get used to this.  I think it’s time to recognize that Wisconsin is probably our ceiling

For one, I don't agree because we can recruit higher. However have you seen Wisconsin this year? I think most fans would take a Nebraska team that could beat Michigan the way they did last weekend. 

2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Not at all. I'm just saying Bo sustained his success past the players from the previous staff. Frost only inherited 3 good players total honestly

Well if we look like this past the players from the previous staff then that would be very concerning, but at this point you said it yourself. Most good player on the roster are in their first or second year right now with no upperclassman leadership. They are leading the upperclassman half the time.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

For one, I don't agree because we can recruit higher. However have you seen Wisconsin this year? I think most fans would take a Nebraska team that could beat Michigan the way they did last weekend. 

Ceiling 

And yes the recruiting can prove but we’re 50 points behind at least right now. Can improve that much? I’m not sure I believe that

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I think Chin needs to go along with the Special Teams coach...and Frost has to get the offense figured out or find a new OC that can help him out. 

Ohio State likely averages 30+ this year on every team they play. Plus the offense gives teams the ball inside the 20 at least once per week. It's not all on Chins. I think he's improves the defense significantly this year. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

When the players start playing how they should and bad losses are still happening then I'd say start looking at the coaching staff.  Way too many turnovers, penalties, rogue defensive play and lack of effort that the coaches aren't directly responsible for.  Until they can build up more depth and benching players I don't see much changing.

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What we're seeing is no different than what we saw at times under:

Solich

Callahan

Pelini

Riley

and now Frost

Five different coaches, five different staffs. Same results.

It's not the coaches.

It's hard to put the blame soley on the kids when we are out recruiting most of the B1G.  We are tops in the West and trend towards the bottom.  

Soilch-fired the D staff and I think he shouldve been goven time past 2003

Cally-Had Coz.  Hired an actual DC might've had a shot

Pelini-Like Frost,  a new HC with an inexperienced staff, Wats/Beck and Paps.  Just an inexperienced staff

Riley-Had Baker/Diaco/Langs-Bad example he sucked.  So did his staff

Frost-he's got some guys as @BIG ERN mentioned need to be looked at.  

16 games in for Frost and have we really improved across the board?  A lot of teams do more with less. UNC is 2-2, but almost beat Clemson.  WR's? OL?  ST's?  

IMO, I think it is takent, but coaching as well.  Gotta go with what you have, not with what you want.  Better game plan.  Accountability.  That's coaching.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I think Chin needs to go along with the Special Teams coach...and Frost has to get the offense figured out or find a new OC that can help him out. 

Anybody know how many support staff coaches we have? Bama has like 30 guys breaking things down that aren't a part of the official coaching staff. They are committing 155M to the facilities, they can afford a massive support staff. Our special teams are special needs.

• Plus1 1

Yes there isn’t an abundance of draft talent on the roster, but you can coach up guys and instill an attitude in them to get them to play above their talent level as a cohesive unit.  Neither of which we’ve seen.  Obviously an alarming thing maybe sticking with players getting worked over or playing so poorly, instead of a giving a back up time that has supposedly been taught the same techniques etc.  Coaching up players is something I really haven’t seen from this staff yet

It really should make fans appreciate and really acknowledge the work Fitzgerald does at Northwestern

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

I am sorry but no matter how much respect Frost, he needs to start self evaluating and evaluating his staff and realize that the team continues to play undisciplined football. We continue to commit fouls at the worst times ever, our play calling is predictable and poor, and we can barely compete against the third stringers of Ohio state. Every year we say that the talent is not there. I am beginning to wonder whether the coaches are not able to get the best out of the players they have. I think Frost needs to consider some coaching changes. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Ohio State likely averages 30+ this year on every team they play. Plus the offense gives teams the ball inside the 20 at least once per week. It's not all on Chins. I think he's improves the defense significantly this year. 

Bad all around like it has been this year, but look at their numbers. PS4 esq against us