QB play

Archy1221

Been lurking a few years and finally got mad enough to start posting after today.  

The biggest difference in the game today between the two teams was QB play and a close second was o-line play.  

AM has had happy feet all season long and looks to me like he can’t wait to get rid of the ball on plays like screen plays.  He has missed a host of wide open receivers, or made bad throws on flat routes where the running back/receiver is not able to catch the ball in stride.  All three of his interceptions would have been completions with Fields on our team.  

Today was a prime game to take him out for a few series and put Vedral in, let AM get some sideline looks to calm down and also for him get a sense of urgency and the feeling that his position is not a given. He needs to play the starter.  He was flat out unacceptable today. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Been lurking a few years and finally got mad enough to start posting after today.  

The biggest difference in the game today between the two teams was QB play and a close second was o-line play.  

AM has had happy feet all season long and looks to me like he can’t wait to get rid of the ball on plays like screen plays.  He has missed a host of wide open receivers, or made bad throws on flat routes where the running back/receiver is not able to catch the ball in stride.  All three of his interceptions would have been completions with Fields on our team.  

Today was a prime game to take him out for a few series and put Vedral in, let AM get some sideline looks to calm down and also for him get a sense of urgency and the feeling that his position is not a given. He needs to play the starter.  He was flat out unacceptable today. 

This sums it up. We lost any chance we had with his early turnovers. The D got tired and quit. 

He is tentative, indecisive, horribly inaccurate and playing scared. Anyone can see this. He needs to be benched. He needs to prove he can start for this team at this point. Last year is gone. That currency has run out

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

One begats the other, and my opinion, the offensive line is the (much) bigger of the two issues (and directly leads to the poor QB play). 

I've said it before, but our current Guard-Center-Guard combo might be the worst I have ever seen at Nebraska. Jurgens is not a center, Wilson has regressed under Austin, and Hixson is a walk-on, regardless of his scholarship situation. Jaimes has seemingly regressed, too, and M. Farniok is a guard forced to be at tackle. 

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
Just now, 10_point_buck said:

Amen...,,,TM has been a basket case all season.  Plain and simple, we are a bad team

Agreed, I think he has talent we saw that, but something in his head might be a head case like Jay Cutler, but he is no good right now and dont think he will be going forward unless he gets his head right

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

This sums it up. We lost any chance we had with his early turnovers. The D got tired and quit. 

He is tentative, indecisive, horribly inaccurate and playing scared. Anyone can see this. He needs to be benched. He needs to prove he can start for this team at this point. Last year is gone. That currency has run out

I agree the D got tired.  I don't know if they necessarily quit.  Agree that some competition at QB may not be a bad thing.  However, if Vedral  had to receive 50% erroneous snaps from the shotgun, his play may look a little doinked up as well....

• Thanks 1