QB play

Archy1221

8 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

1. He was scrabbling to his right.

2. He had to throw early due to pressure.

3. He was back peddling due to pressure.

2 int were bad throws, but this kid has lost confidence in his ol as he knows hes going to get hit. 

If we run the option we take 2ams arm and the teams biggest downfall out of the equation and we win the game.

4 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

1. He was scrabbling to his right.

2. He had to throw early due to pressure.

3. He was back peddling due to pressure.

2 int were bad throws, but this kid has lost confidence in his ol as he knows hes going to get hit. 

I agree that he has lost his confidence; and my intention isn't to bag on AM. I want him to succeed. And I'm not arguing that our O Line isn't struggling.  But this game was lost/stopped being competitive because of those 3 ints.  And at worst, with a QB playing average to slightly above average, those three throw would have been 2 incompletions and a touchdown.

5 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

What r u drinking.  Ohio St. was by far the better team.  I'm not responding back on such a crazy response

Cream soda. Anyone who watched the game last night knows the little success our offense had was the triple option. Time to run it again. We've never not ha sf success running it

5 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Cream soda. Anyone who watched the game last night knows the little success our offense had was the triple option. Time to run it again. We've never not ha sf success running it

Did you notice how quickly they took away our FB trap play that worked several times? With their team speed they would have taken the option away as well. And probably killed AM. 

I don’t disagree that I would have liked to see it a few more times mixed in, but to think it would have allowed us to win that game is pure delusion. 

1 hour ago, Dbqgolfer said:

I agree that he has lost his confidence; and my intention isn't to bag on AM. I want him to succeed.

The solution to a quarterback that has lost his confidence is not to keep throwing him back into the fire. He needs some time to reset and recalibrate. Perhaps he should be given the next game off. The team also could use a fresh look with a new quarterback.

3 hours ago, Dbqgolfer said:

I agree that he has lost his confidence; and my intention isn't to bag on AM. I want him to succeed. And I'm not arguing that our O Line isn't struggling.  But this game was lost/stopped being competitive because of those 3 ints.  And at worst, with a QB playing average to slightly above average, those three throw would have been 2 incompletions and a touchdown.

This isn't true. OSU took the ball every time they got it and ran for endzone glory like Heffernan showing the Peewee League how it's done. Our defense couldn't stop anything, anywhere.
Martinez was pretty bad though, with major contributions from the line that can't block and the receivers who can't separate from 4* DB's. The running game was the best thing we had going but it's not developed adequately yet.

7 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

This isn't true. OSU took the ball every time they got it and ran for endzone glory like Heffernan showing the Peewee League how it's done. Our defense couldn't stop anything, anywhere.
Martinez was pretty bad though, with major contributions from the line that can't block and the receivers who can't separate from 4* DB's. The running game was the best thing we had going but it's not developed adequately yet.

You are correct, I shouldn't have said the game was lost because of those 3 ints, we weren't winning this game no matter what; but they did pretty much take away any hope we had to keep it competitive.

• Fire 1

I just don’t understand the grumbling about the defense here. 

The running game was a problem, but if you came into this game expecting the defense to hold then to less than 30, you have not been paying attention. 

Our best chance was to be efficient and NOT turn the ball over of offense. Try to get a few punts and field goals on defense. Maybe get a turnover?

Turnovers gave them short fields, kept points off the board for us, and gave them extra possessions. Add that to the offense kept going 3 and out.. 

Did you really expect the defense to just shut them down giving them all the possession? 

Sometimes the best defense is your offense.

They are better than us. 7 touchdowns better? Not sure about that, but it is what it is. Season isn’t over. Need to take care of business in the west. 

9 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

The first INT made me think the offense doesn't practice at full speed.  Martinez led Wandale the same as in practice but because Wandale was running faster in the game the throw was behind him.  WRs need to run full speed in practice.

How much practice time does a team get per day? I’m thinking it’s 2 hrs. It would be hard to fix everything in that time frame.