It. Does. Not. Matter.

27 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

This game mattered because it showed how far we truly are from being a championship level team. Most of us realistic fans thought we would lose this game. Of course we didn't want to get blown out, but it showed us that we have a long way to go still. Ohio State is stacked with top talent, and we are still building our roster. It will take time to build this team to where it needs to be.

This is something some people just dont or refuse to get. When osu put in the backups in the 4th those were still 4 and 5 star guys that will be all confrence or all americans next year when all these nfl level guys that are starting leave. Did you see Nebraska backups on osu last drive? Walkons on every level of the defense. That's the difference and its going to take years to fix. I hate that it will take that long but it's just the way it is. Recruiting rankings matter, having players that were recruited to fit your scheme matter getting those  guys experience in the system matter. 

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I agree that The team didn’t have much of a chance to win this game, but come on.  At least be respectable. Make the game close, make OSU at least break a sweat.  Show the recruits that NU is just a few gamebreaking players away from being OSU. Getting slaughters on national TV then winning some close games against NW, Indiana, and Purdue doesn’t do much for the program IMO

Exactly why the game mattered.  By year 2 we should be able to show some improvement over the Riley and Pelini years.  To me there is no indication that this program is moving forward.  Frost saying that he knows that the team is headed upward is the only thing that makes it believable.  Not so much that I believe him but I hope that Frost being a winner will eventually rub off on the team.  BTW, I think 1 or 2 wins from NW, Indy and PU will be lucky.  

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

The game showed that in a year where we felt we got better, the improvement by a new OSU Coach, his staff, his recruiting ... far exceeded us over this past year.  Or, we just caught OSU off gsurd last year (more of what I think, plus AM played well).

This is up for debate, though. 

41 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

This game mattered because it showed how far we truly are from being a championship level team. Most of us realistic fans thought we would lose this game. Of course we didn't want to get blown out, but it showed us that we have a long way to go still. Ohio State is stacked with top talent, and we are still building our roster. It will take time to build this team to where it needs to be.

Yes, more sanity like this.

7 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

This is something some people just dont or refuse to get. When osu put in the backups in the 4th those were still 4 and 5 star guys that will be all confrence or all americans next year when all these nfl level guys that are starting leave. Did you see Nebraska backups on osu last drive? Walkons on every level of the defense. That's the difference and its going to take years to fix. I hate that it will take that long but it's just the way it is. Recruiting rankings matter, having players that were recruited to fit your scheme matter getting those  guys experience in the system matter. 

Yes, more sanity like this.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

I was going to make a thread about different big game, same story. And go on about even though this is another big loss on the big time stage vs a big time team, it’s different with Frost because it isn’t just a coach that knows no matter what at the end of the day regardless if he rights the ship or not, he gets his pay. With Frost this means something. It actually means something and that’s the difference.

with that, we take away tonight what Nebraska should have been taking away from games in 2005. When you get embarrassed and outplayed you take note of that and better yourself from it. Far too long the narrative has been “ho-hum” onto next week and the underlying problem never gets fixed.

full belief Frost fixes it. Because this is more than just a job. This is Nebraska. It means just as much to him as it does to every single one of us.

i know many could roll their eyes and say we’ve been told to be patient for 17,18,19 years and we get the same results. We get 48-7 to Ohio state results. But this really will take patience and this time it’ll be different, it’ll be rewarding.

Many of us bought into the hype, and bought into Frosts track record. If he turned UCF around so fast, surely he could turn Nebraska around at rapid speed. Well, even at 0-12 I think there was more talent on that UCF squad and certainly better access to talent at UCF and oh, UCF is in a pretty cushion conference. But this Nebraska team is a back-back 4-8 squad, with no depth given years of subpar recruiting. Nebraska hasn’t had a foundation in decades. Since Callahan came in and demolished all that was built, it’s never really been rebuilt.

bottom line. This will take time. Little steps, little improvements, eventually it’ll get better. We sit 3-2, no games are gimmes but next week is winnable, which would put us at 4-2, matching our win total of the last two seasons with a few more favorable games on the schedule.

if we want to see improvement, this isn’t the team or year to see that on the field vs a title contending Ohio state team, to see improvement is to see if this team comes out next week vs Northwestern and gets a win putting this dreadful loss behind them.

i think they do.

GBR 

I just proof read my first paragraph, I think it’s muddled and probably doesn’t make much sense. I apologize, im about to fall asleep after a few glasses of whiskey and too tired to re edit what is probably an entirely poorly written post. 

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What a load of s#!t.  We've looked like s#!t it all year.  Every week there's some horses#!t excuse as to why it doesn't matter.

NIU was the only game where we looked somewhat how we should.  OSU could have piled up 70 had they wanted.  We aren't improving.  It's better if we face facts and move forward with that knowledge rather than pretend we are something other than what we are.  We've tried the excuse thing for too many years.  Let's try something else.

I get we all got excited about the college Gameday event and being on prime time, for a moment, like good TV does, we were sold on hope of maybe we’d win this game.

we don’t have an offensive line. We don’t have any depth at the defensive line. We don’t have any true WR’s. Lines take years to grow, must recruit and then those recruits must be molded into monsters, that takes years. 

Let’s keep all this in mind, because we will need to check it come halftime of the Wisconsin game in a few weeks. 

Thanks to previous staffs Nebraska’s roster is in shambles.