Next 4 Games

huskerguy

4-0 - We have the talent, but we still haven't strung 4 quarters together (against power five), so for four games would be tough

3-1 - Agree that it's most likely, even if we look like the better team in all four

2-2 - disappointing and surprising.  I imagine major meltdowns on the field  

1-3 - Tragically, shockingly bad

0-4 - Will delete my account

• Plus1 6

22 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

NW is a big test and will show where we are at. Pat is a great coach and their team will be motivated to not want to start 1-4. NW doesn't have any playmakers so they keep it very vanilla and play tough run defense. We will see a lot of vanilla run power and good run defense from here on out for the most part. Big game for Nebraska. Time for the front 7 to sack up and play big boy football. 

They play us tough, but I don't think they give us much trouble.  Can't stand Fitzgerald.

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

There is yet to be a time this season when we have flopped to great play. It's been awful play to very brief flashes of good play.

There have been moments of great play in my opinion. It might only have been one or two drives but there were moments in the CU first half, NIU game and Illinois second half. Enough moments to suggest what this team can do if it plays mistake free.

6 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

There have been moments of great play in my opinion. It might only have been one or two drives but there were moments in the CU first half, NIU game and Illinois second half. Enough moments to suggest what this team can do if it plays mistake free.

Ya, but with this philosophy  ... I'm on the PGA tour also.  :-)

6 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Ya, but with this philosophy  ... I'm on the PGA tour also.  :-)

I mean to be fair if you can hit PGA level shots "on occasion" and you figured out how to do it consistently you would be. Typically kids that make Power 5 teams have figured out how to turn those occasions into consistency though and that's what we need.

21 hours ago, RedSavage said:

I hope I'm wrong but I really don't think this Saturday is going to be an easy win

That's a pretty safe bet. The number of "easy wins" we've had in the past five seasons could be counted on one hand.

South Alabama and maybe Rutgers in 2015, Fresno State in 2016, Bethune-Cookman in 2017 and NIU this year.

That's five easy wins out of 56 games.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Undone said:

The snaps have to improve if we're going to win the next four games. I'm pretty surprised that we're still seeing those.

It's not just surprising, it's insulting.  I can't fathom a logical reason that this issue hasn't been addressed and fixed in some shape or form this deep into the year.  But even when the snap is about where it needs to be, AM still has a jumping tendency.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Redux said:

It's not just surprising, it's insulting.  I can't fathom a logical reason that this issue hasn't been addressed and fixed in some shape or form this deep into the year.  But even when the snap is about where it needs to be, AM still has a jumping tendency.

Yeah it's like...set him up with a student assistant and just take snaps at a target on the wall over and over. Something.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Redux said:

Insulting to who? I agree it needs to be addressed and it's baffling that it's still happening. But fans being "insulted" by a player's performance in any area seems pretty entitled. Yeah we support the team and everything, but they only owe us effort and I have to assume he's working hard on correcting it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Insulting to who? I agree it needs to be addressed and it's baffling that it's still happening. But fans being "insulted" by a player's performance in any area seems pretty entitled. Yeah we support the team and everything, but they only owe us effort and I have to assume he's working hard on correcting it. 

It's insulting because it's such a basic faucet of the game and such an integral part of most offensive plays.  Year two of our home run hire and THIS is an issue 5 games in?  It absolutely shouldn't be.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Redux said:

It's insulting because it's such a basic faucet of the game and such an integral part of most offensive plays.  Year two of our home run hire and THIS is an issue 5 games in?  It absolutely shouldn't be.

your auto-correct hates you.

someone else mentioned his snaps are usually bad when he tries to get his block quicker, or something to that effect. remember this is his first year as a OL and a center. he might just still be trying to do to much instead of letting the game come to him. he'll be fine once the game slows down for him more.

• Plus1 1