Next 4 Games

huskerguy

The next two are the key to our season, IMO.

Forget Wisconsin, forget Iowa.... we don't have the strength up front to compete with those.

What we do have are two 50/50 games that can make or break the difference between a bowl and a no-bowl season. If we can get to 5-2 then I'd feel pretty good about getting to 7-2 before Wisky comes.

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Speilman makes Martinez look better than he actually is because he makes incredible catches.

100% truth.

And he looked even better yet when he had Morgan as well.

As for the next 4 games I think we'll be doing good to go 2-2.  I just haven't seen the type of improvement I expected since Frost took over.

11 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

ask Shea Patterson and Michigan about that

Yeah, I actually think that Wisconsin's defense is better than their offense. Their churros get sugared constantly for their offense, but did anybody watch the NW game on Saturday? When they finally went up against a motivated Big 10 team (which Michigan is NOT) with strong linebackers, they really didn't look that impressive. 

The key to beating Wisconsin is throwing downfield. Can Martinez get the icewater in his veins to make the throws when guys are open in that game? We'll see. He's been a bit inconsistent and our pass protection is inconsistent, also.

On 9/29/2019 at 12:20 PM, Waldo said:

Again, there is a difference in losing and getting your a$$ kicked. There was no fight last night after the first 2 scores. I care less about the final results than I do about how deflated the team looked. 

Side note, the LB group is just as bad as the OL. So many players out of position. Graduation will help this group. Not impressed with Ruud and Dewitt so far this year. 

The LBs have been average this year with good moments sprinkled in. They were flat bad Saturday.

• Plus1 1

It's crazy how panicky people get.  We just played a very good team and got beat badly.  It happens- even to the best teams in the country.  See Alabama Clemson last year.  The media would have us believe we are in a position to win it all every year.  That's their job- get us all excited so we click a bunch of their articles so they get paid.  When it doesn't happen, we are mad at our coach and our team... we should be ticked at the media.  Realistic reporting doesn't get many clicks unless your team name is OSU, Alabama, etc.  You want realistic, listen to what Frost and BM are saying.  Not the media bites but what they actually say.  Making a bowl game this year is progress.  Winning 6+ games after back to back 4-8 seasons is good.  This will take time...  I'm still feeling good about my 7-5 prediction.  GBR!  

• Fire 1

NW is a big test and will show where we are at. Pat is a great coach and their team will be motivated to not want to start 1-4. NW doesn't have any playmakers so they keep it very vanilla and play tough run defense. We will see a lot of vanilla run power and good run defense from here on out for the most part. Big game for Nebraska. Time for the front 7 to sack up and play big boy football. 

• Plus1 1