Please stop talking

melscott62

I’m still all in on frost.  I still believe he was clearly the best choice when we fired Riley. That being said he’s got to stop talking.  He’s made a lot of arrogant proclamations look pretty stupid right now. Things like “you better get us in year one” And “I wouldn’t trade our guy for anybody in the country”.    He is c$%ky and brash which I think is good and he needs to be that way. But he needs to keep his comments to himself and his team behind closed doors. Stop talking about how things went at UCF or at Oregon. That got you the job here but that doesn’t make a bit of difference beyond that.  Please stop talking about the strength and conditioning. I don’t want to hear anymore about it until I see it on the field. We’re still getting bullied up front like we are a JV squad.  I still believe in husker power and I still believe in our nutrition program and our strength program, I just don’t wanna hear about it ever again. I want to see it on the field. Husker fans are smart. At which point we start becoming the Bullies again we’ll figure it out. We’ll connect the dots...you don’t need to tell us.   

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, melscott62 said:

I’m still all in on frost.  I still believe he was clearly the best choice when we fired Riley. That being said he’s got to stop talking.  He’s made a lot of arrogant proclamations look pretty stupid right now. Things like “you better get us in year one” And “I wouldn’t trade our guy for anybody in the country”.    He is c$%ky and brash which I think is good and he needs to be that way. But he needs to keep his comments to himself and his team behind closed doors. Stop talking about how things went at UCF or at Oregon. That got you the job here but that doesn’t make a bit of difference beyond that.  Please stop talking about the strength and conditioning. I don’t want to hear anymore about it until I see it on the field. We’re still getting bullied up front like we are a JV squad.  I still believe in husker power and I still believe in our nutrition program and our strength program, I just don’t wanna hear about it ever again. I want to see it on the field. Husker fans are smart. At which point we start becoming the Bullies again we’ll figure it out. We’ll connect the dots...you don’t need to tell us.   

I don't think Frost said other teams better get us in "year one" did he?

6 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I don't think Frost said other teams better get us in "year one" did he?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-scott-frost-nebraska-savior-big-ten-media-days-20180724-story.html%3FoutputType%3Damp

I guess he didn’t say “year one”. But he said it beforeThe season last year.   I’m not sure that makes that comment any better at all.

20 minutes ago, melscott62 said:

Stop talking about how things went at UCF or at Oregon. 

Frost regularly deflects comparisons to these places. If you want this to stop talk to the people asking him questions. I really don't get these complaints from fans. They have to talk to the media and give soundbytes for the fans its an obligation. 

• Plus1 5
5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Frost regularly deflects comparisons to these places. If you want this to stop talk to the people asking him questions. I really don't get these complaints from fans. They have to talk to the media and give soundbytes for the fans its an obligation. 

Yes and no.  He deflects certain direct questions but will still reference it frequently.   And there are ways to answer those questions without saying too much.

Just now, melscott62 said:

Yes and no.  He deflects certain direct questions but will still reference it frequently.   And there are ways to answer those questions without saying too much.

Give me an example because I only hear Frost talk about Nebraska and almost always deflects anything about his previous stops.

7 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Give me an example because I only hear Frost talk about Nebraska and almost always deflects anything about his previous stops.

Sorry I’m not going to go back through his pressers and listen to them so I can give an example. If I Provide that somebody would change the argument. If I wanted that sort of back-and-forth I’d go get an argument with my wife.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, melscott62 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-scott-frost-nebraska-savior-big-ten-media-days-20180724-story.html%3FoutputType%3Damp

I guess he didn’t say “year one”. But he said it beforeThe season last year.   I’m not sure that makes that comment any better at all.

He did not say "year one"....but that's what you quoted....incorrectly.

I think he's the best option for the long haul. At about year 5(I'll be 56), ill start to have a stronger opinion on the chance  Ill ever see good/great Nebraska football again in my life time.

Between now and then we need and will have 4-5 of his classes to begin to see what he might be able to do. It wont be in year 2. In the meantime,  I don't get real invested in all of this....Those days are over . this year its 2 decades since we have won a conf. championship. 40% of my lifetime we have been in a bad place. the first 60% was awesome! a lot has changed in the college landscape since then and not in our favor.

In the meantime, just be focused, low key, understated and get the work done in recruiting...

Hell.....If Frost can't get it done, who the hell can?

24 minutes ago, Husker66 said:

I think he's the best option for the long haul. At about year 5(I'll be 56), ill start to have a stronger opinion on the chance  Ill ever see good/great Nebraska football again in my life time.

Between now and then we need and will have 4-5 of his classes to begin to see what he might be able to do. It wont be in year 2. In the meantime,  I don't get real invested in all of this....Those days are over . this year its 2 decades since we have won a conf. championship. 40% of my lifetime we have been in a bad place. the first 60% was awesome! a lot has changed in the college landscape since then and not in our favor.

In the meantime, just be focused, low key, understated and get the work done in recruiting...

Hell.....If Frost can't get it done, who the hell can?

Yep, Frost is the guy.  I don't think another coach on the horizon can do it.  It's going to take 3 more years.  And I don't think Martinez is the guy.  I hope Scott's pragmatism trumps his loyalty for this QB.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1