Please stop talking

melscott62

5 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Yep, Frost is the guy.  I don't think another coach on the horizon can do it.  It's going to take 3 more years.  And I don't think Martinez is the guy.  I hope Scott's pragmatism trumps his loyalty for this QB.

There's a reason coaches and analysts across the country praise Martinez and say he can be great. Because he can be. 

He's struggling mentally because of his OL and he's going through a sophomore slump. Doesn't mean he can't recover. Trevor Lawrence is experiencing the same thing he just has a better team around him. 

2 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

There's a reason coaches and analysts across the country praise Martinez and say he can be great. Because he can be. 

He's struggling mentally because of his OL and he's going through a sophomore slump. Doesn't mean he can't recover. Trevor Lawrence is experiencing the same thing he just has a better team around him. 

Maybe for Martinez.  However, he is missing base, simple QB concepts.

Frost is not just teaching these men football, he is teaching them life lessons.  He is loyal.  He loves these players and coaches.

And it makes me wonder if he can make the really tough decisions for the betterment of the program.

2 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Maybe for Martinez.  However, he is missing base, simple QB concepts.

Frost is not just teaching these men football, he is teaching them life lessons.  He is loyal.  He loves these players and coaches.

And it makes me wonder if he can make the really tough decisions for the betterment of the program.

Yes he's missing those throws, but it's mental not an inability to do it. He has no trust in his OL and honestly outside for JD, Mo and Wandale idk if he trusts his WR. Everything we've seen this year is mental and he's gotta fight through it. He can make every play he's missed we saw that last year. Also, even with his struggles this year he's still played better than sever long term starting Husker QBs in the past.

41 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Yes he's missing those throws, but it's mental not an inability to do it. He has no trust in his OL and honestly outside for JD, Mo and Wandale idk if he trusts his WR. Everything we've seen this year is mental and he's gotta fight through it. He can make every play he's missed we saw that last year. Also, even with his struggles this year he's still played better than sever long term starting Husker QBs in the past.

You keep reiterating this point on multiple threads, but at a certain point you've got to at least put some of the blame on Martinez. It's bush league to just deflect all it towards the offensive line. He has been inconsistent in his passing all season long. Sans the first game, the whole high-snap thing hasnt really been an issue. What I mean by that is that there is one or two a game, but this isn't some scapegoat that everyone was using for South Alabama.

He looks off. I'm not sure if its the weight he put on, or what, but something is different. His touch isn't there at all. He left J.D. out to dry all last game and he was throwing to ghosts this game. I'm not ready to give up on him, I think he's got spectacular talent and potential, but I wonder if he's overthinking things a bit too much. Similar to Mund at A&M, these guys are dual-threat and when they spend too much time in the pocket running through progressions, they lose half of what makes them special.

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

You keep reiterating this point on multiple threads, but at a certain point you've got to at least put some of the blame on Martinez. It's bush league to just deflect all it towards the offensive line. He has been inconsistent in his passing all season long. Sans the first game, the whole high-snap thing hasnt really been an issue. What I mean by that is that there is one or two a game, but this isn't some scapegoat that everyone was using for South Alabama.

He looks off. I'm not sure if its the weight he put on, or what, but something is different. His touch isn't there at all. He left J.D. out to dry all last game and he was throwing to ghosts this game. I'm not ready to give up on him, I think he's got spectacular talent and potential, but I wonder if he's overthinking things a bit too much. Similar to Mund at A&M, these guys are dual-threat and when they spend too much time in the pocket running through progressions, they lose half of what makes them special.

Makes sense.  He dose not look the same as last year!

• Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Apsu said:

That's what fans and supporter do. The program exists because of us, and we have opinions. The program thrives because we have an vested emotional connection to it.

But, keep it 100% positive or the mods can banish you.  Leave the tough questions and comments for other forums

8 minutes ago, Apsu said:

That's what fans and supporter do. The program exists because of us, and we have opinions. The program thrives because we have an vested emotional connection to it.

I think the “Please stop talking” was directed to the players and the staff currently underperforming, not to the fans. At least I hope it was. 

As for us fans, you’re right, we have a weapon that maybe needs to be wielded. They’re going to want money for that new facility, and they’re going to keep wanting stadium revenue. A product on the field like last doesn’t accomplish either. 

Its not going to happen but that team deserves to play Northwestern in front of like 25,000 people. Maybe then they’ll get that they aren’t like the Huskers they see in pictures in North stadium. 

5 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

But, keep it 100% positive or the mods can banish you.  Leave the tough questions and comments for other forums

This place seems to be a bit more tolerant than other sites, like the one that bought us.

15 minutes ago, Apsu said:

I was pointing that at the staff.  Fans are going to be fans. I also wasn’t able to give direct quotes or cite my sources so the teacher is deducting 20 points from my final grade. 

C-

2 minutes ago, melscott62 said:

I was pointing that at the staff.  Fans are going to be fans. I also wasn’t able to give direct quotes or cite my sources so the teacher is deducting 20 points from my final grade.

Everyone just needs to vent and get it out of their systems.

As AM wisely said, the team will need 24 hours to move on from this.

I'm okay with the post game jock talk that means nothing. People seem to want to hear it and reporters seem to desperately need it to write yet another inaccurate article. I feel sorry for the players who stunk it up and still have to go up there and say something. I'm sure if they didn't then a bunch of lamebrains would be spreading rumors about mutiny and discord. I think our coaches and players show a lot of class considering the circumstances.

Why anyone would look at our performance in the first four games and think somehow yesterday was going to be different, is beyond me. I actually heard people say that Frost was holding back in the early games to try to trick OSU- which is of course ludicrous. If you have the ability to curb stomp anyone you should do it. 

The good is that no one quit in the 4th so there is hope. 

• Plus1 1