Moos looks smarter by the day...

cheekygeek

AD Moos is one smart cookie. The timing of the football facilities upgrade announcement was not picked out of a hat. When he said “We need to get to 6 wins” he wasn’t lying. https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/big-ten-media-days-moos-on-nu-football-team-we/article_86841a68-1156-5fba-a38f-602711fb27b9.html

He also understands that underpromising with the possibility of overdelivering is a sound strategy for job security.

Now that we have a true measurement of this team, this is the reality: To be bowl-eligible

Nebraska needs to go 2-2 in the next 4 games 

Northwestern, Minnesota, Purdue & Indiana and then beat Maryland. Two of those are road games and the SF Huskers only won their first of those at Illinois. Winning the West is a pipe dream with our Less-Than-Special-Teams and exceedingly offensive Offensive line play.

Frost needs to eliminate single points of failure (like Pickering) and focus on getting and developing linemen before this program takes the next step.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

So very true.  He knew what he spoke of when he said 6-6.  If he and Frost have the kind of relationship they appear to have, Moos might have asked for a no BS assessment of where they were at and Frost privately said "Bowl eligible" would be great......

It would be great to come out of this 4 game stretch with all wins and no injuries.  I'm just not sure who the "guaranteed wins" would be against..... 

I'm just wondering about the psychological toll last night's game took on the Huskers. Northwestern is a smart, tough team and Nebraska still does not have a placekicker which is critical in games like this. 

Last night, I was concerned for the players safety. They were punching way above their weight class, literally and figuratively.

The only time Nebraska made any progress was when they ran the 90's offense, but I'm sure we won't see that again.

Martinez has some good tools, but he had no poise, no help from the game plan, and from the offensive line. 

The only thing is why not try Vedral, and hope he gives the offense a spark.

It's because Frost is too scared Martinez will enter the transfer portal. My fear is AM is too traumatized and will look elsewhere. 

I will say this...McKenzie Milton will be available as a graduate transfer. UCF may be good with that since he'll be a senior and they'll probably have a new qb ready to roll in 2020. 

• Plus1 1

I think this talk against Martinez is silly. Do we forget the yardage he was responsible for only the week before? Everything starts with mismatches on the line and getting a clean snap on a regular basis would work wonders for QB play as well.

QB play is a SYMPTOM against a quality line, not the disease.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

I think this talk against Martinez is silly. Do we forget the yardage he was responsible for only the week before? Everything starts with mismatches on the line and getting a clean snap on a regular basis would work wonders for QB play as well.

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Martinez looks noticeably different this year. You can still have gaudy numbers and not look great. He has no touch on his passes - he left Spielman out to dry so many times in that Illinois game, I was surprise to see #10 be able to walk by the end. 

You could argue that QB yardage is a benefactor of excellent WR play, not the cause of it. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Let’s be real here. A huge chunk of the yardage against Illinois came on two plays. A broken coverage where our receiver had no one near him. All AM had to do there was not airmail it over him. The second was on a swing pass to Mo Washington that he took down the sideline. 

I love AM and don’t want to dump everything on him, but the fact is he’s off so far this year. 

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

The three ints had nothing to do with line play

They absolutely did.. When the d line arrives 2 seconds after the high and outside snap does, makes it tough for even Aaron Rodgers to find and track the open man.  Amart is incredible but he is not a god that defies all the basic's of football. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Dbqgolfer said:

The three ints had nothing to do with line play

The overthrow to Wandale he had a DL directly in his face so yes it did. 

Also, the bad OL play has everything to do with it. It's in AMs head and he's rushing his plays. You see it with QBs all the time with poor olines. 

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

For anyone calling for Vedral- can he field poor snaps better than AMART? 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

Let’s be real here. A huge chunk of the yardage against Illinois came on two plays. A broken coverage where our receiver had no one near him. All AM had to do there was not airmail it over him. The second was on a swing pass to Mo Washington that he took down the sideline. 

I love AM and don’t want to dump everything on him, but the fact is he’s off so far this year. 

This was Colorado

• Plus1 3