Coaches Poll

I think 8-4 is too optimistic.  I think 6 wins may be more realistic.  

We have struggled in every game so far with a weak offensive line and turnovers.  The humiliation beat down on offense, defense and coaching against Ohio State proves that we have returned - far from it.

we do not have the personnel or offense/defense schemes to compete in the top 20.

Our staff needs perform at Ohio State’s level.  They got far more improvements on their team over the past year than we did.  I also think they study game films much better than we do.

i would like to see an I formation based offense and a defense based on a 5-2.

• Plus1 1

I havent seen Nu throw a consistent beatdown on any team since weve been in the big 10.  Northwestern is always close, Iowa has had our number for years.  Minnesota and Indiana have both given us fits time and time again and we face Maryland for the first time on the road where they have hung 70 on there opponents.  Nothing, absolutely nothing is a given.

20 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Coaches Poll is a farce. They had us at #24 preseason based on nothing. It's a bunch of guys who haven't seen anybody being asked to take a wild guess.

Media Poll has its biases and weaknesses too.  Writers never coached, don't know the finer details of what they are seeing, and are biased against running offenses and teams from small media markets.