Tight Ends and Receivers

I will admit I was distracted by my amazing granddaughter during much of the game, but I have a two questions about passing:

1.  How many times did we target our tight ends.  I saw Allen catch one late, don't recall any other catches or targets.

2.  How many different players were targeted on all passes?

Seems we are running with a very limited scope of plays.

1 hour ago, LumberJackSker said:

Allen caught two short passes late. Unless it's a deep route to speilman martinez refuses to pass anyone the ball.

He has missed some guys getting open. However, it is hard to get people the ball when there is little to no separation. The receivers group needs to start stepping up and making plays. I would like to see a few more of them in the game to see what they can do. We have JD and Wandale and Stoll that has done everything it seems. Noa is amazing in practice but little to show in the game. 

Their guys covered ours like OJ's glove. All we had available was the sideways dink and dunk stuff that paycheck teams throw on us. A good running game might have changed that and opened up some play-action that would give Martinez time to breath.

Or maybe go Full Oregon spreading the field to negate the rush and opening lanes for our flashy skill players to run. Who knows? Haven't seen anything like that yet. Seriously doubt that beats an OSU team that over-matches us man for man, but it probably would've made us look less inept.

12 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

He has missed some guys getting open. However, it is hard to get people the ball when there is little to no separation. The receivers group needs to start stepping up and making plays. I would like to see a few more of them in the game to see what they can do. We have JD and Wandale and Stoll that has done everything it seems. Noa is amazing in practice but little to show in the game. 

The receivers could definitely be playing better but in my amateur opinion there are several times per game where either stoll or one of the receivers is wide open on a short underneath route and martinez throws a contested pass to speilman. With all the pressure team are bringing I just dont get why you dont throw it to stoll over the middle where those blitzing linebackers were.