The Biden / Ukraine Scandal

knapplc

Just now, funhusker said:

Sounds like an easy investigation.  I'd be happy to do it too.  

Come back tomorrow and just say, "After a thorough investigation of zero evidence, we've determined there was nothing done wrong..."

Here's the issue though.  

I wouldn't put it past this guy to fabricate evidence to help Trump.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Here's the issue though.  

I wouldn't put it past this guy to fabricate evidence to help Trump.

To my knowledge: This guy was a comedian elected by the people because they were so sick of actual corruption in the government.  Think if the USA elected Jon Stewart to President.  I wouldn't put it past this guy to be setting up Trump for a "sick burn" once he knows Trump will no longer be POTUS...

Thinking positively, I guess...

• Plus1 1

Smaller nations are in a tough spot.  They have to yield power to someone: China, USA, Russia, etc...

That is why I'm so frustrated with Trump.  I would hope nations align with the USA because of common ideals and the intentions to move forward in the world together in a way that happens to promote the ideals of democratic society.  Trump seems to be using our position of power to either extort the nations that have "something" or ignore nations that don't.  Even though they  share the ideals but just don't have the same means we do. 

Let's be real.  Priority #1 for a nation is to provide an environment for its people where making a living is possible (edited at the request of @BigRedBuster :thumbs).  If that can't be done with the help of USA, they will be forced to find the assistance somewhere else.  That is bad for the values we supposedly believe in.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, funhusker said:

Let's be real.  Priority #1 for a nation is to provide a living for its people.

I have one little issue with this statement.  It is not the job of the US government to provide a living for it's people.

It's the job of the US government to provide, protection, infrastructure and an orderly lawful environment where people have an opportunity to make a living.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I have one little issue with this statement.  It is not the job of the US government to provide a living for it's people.

It's the job of the US government to provide, protection, infrastructure and an orderly lawful environment where people have an opportunity to make a living.

Create an environment that making a living is possible.  Better?

55 minutes ago, QMany said:

Projection at its best:

When will the rest of America wake up - we elected a criminal. Not just any criminal a Mob boss, with his enforcers, with his money people to bribe and we've given him the power to wage war or to restrain depending on what works best for him personally - the Kurds become his scapegoats now - who will he abandon next and who will he pressure next? 

• Plus1 2

Rick Perry under the gun now - 

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/10/democrats-subpoena-rick-perry-for-documents-in-impeachment-inquiry-000280

House Democrats issued a subpoena on Thursday to Energy Secretary Rick Perry as part of their impeachment inquiry.

The subpoena demands a series of documents related to Perry's knowledge of President Donald Trump’s July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, during which Trump pushed his counterpart to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden.

Three House committees investigating the episode note that Perry reportedly encouraged Trump to make the phone call. They also want information about whether Perry sought to press the Ukrainian government to make changes to the advisory board of its state-owned oil and gas company, Naftogaz.

POLITICO previously reported that Perry asked the company to expand its board to include Americans, though he said he offered suggestions only at the request of the Ukrainian government. Zelensky denied Perry asked him to dismiss the head of the state-run gas company in comments to the Kyiv Post on Thursday. POLITICO has reported Perry intends to depart the administration within months, though he denied the report earlier this week.

The subpoena demands records and communications related to the May inauguration of Zelensky, for which Perry led the U.S. delegation. It seeks records connected to a host of meetings abroad and at the White House that Perry attended along with senior Ukrainian officials. And it requests all records related to “proposed or actual transactions, investments, or projects relating to liquified natural gas (LNG) in Ukraine.”

Earlier this week, Perry acknowledged asking Trump to make the July 25 call to Zelensky that’s at the heart of the impeachment inquiry. He also said he’d discussed corruption broadly with Zelensky as part of an effort to make energy investment in the country more attractive, but has vehemently denied ever bringing up Biden or his son Hunter.

Trump's team was warned.

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/Several-national-security-officials-raised-alarms-14510135.php

At least four national security officials were so alarmed by the Trump administration's attempts to pressure Ukraine for political purposes that they raised concerns with a White House lawyer both before and immediately after President Donald Trump's July 25 call with that country's president, according to U.S. officials and other people familiar with the matter.

The nature and timing of the previously undisclosed discussions with National Security Council legal adviser John Eisenberg indicate that officials were delivering warnings through official White House channels earlier than previously understood - including before the call that precipitated a whistleblower complaint and the impeachment inquiry of the president.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:52 PM, Danny Bateman said:

Ahhh yes.

So you dislike Trump & Republicans...

But somehow 95% of what you perceive as problems and complain about relates to Democrats.

Thank you for proving my point.

One can only assume that you did not read the post of mine that you quoted and hastily replied to.

So yes, I am more critical of Democrats, because I expect more from the party that should represent the left. There is not much to gain by criticizing Trump, because no sane person should have positive expectations of the Republicans. If the DNC did not cheat in 2016, we would not have a President Trump. And it appears that the DNC is hell bent on cheating again in 2020.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:44 PM, commando said:

lol....your republican leanings are showing.   better cover up your nothingberder.

Everything I have posted indicates that I oppose the DNC and corporate Democrats, believe in progressive values, and despise Trump and the Republicans. Most progressives have learned that the DNC would rather lose to Trump than win with a progressive. Neoliberal Democrats like yourself cannot fathom that their are more than two sides, and that anyone who is not a fan of establishment Democrats must by default be a Republican.

• Plus1 3