The Biden / Ukraine Scandal

knapplc

Just now, funhusker said:

Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, or abstain?

Thanks for your moral, patriotic, and wasted vote/non-vote...

Thanks for contributing to the archaic bulls#!t thought process that we only have a choice between two people.  That line of thinking is why we get stuck voting for people we don't want.  Very patriotic to chastise people who actually believe in freedom of choice.

• Thanks 1

Clinton/Dole

Bush/Gore

Bush/Kerry

Obama/McCain:

Obsma/Romney

All of the above elections I can see taking the chance on a 3rd candidate because win/lose, a sufficiently competent person would still take the office.

Trump was such an obvious train wreck from day one, it should have been everyone’s duty to protect the Presidency from him.  Unless you were a supporter and wanted to see the carnage.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Thanks for contributing to the archaic bulls#!t thought process that we only have a choice between two people.  That line of thinking is why we get stuck voting for people we don't want.  Very patriotic to chastise people who actually believe in freedom of choice.

There were 19 candidates in the GOP primary.  There were 21 dems this time.  Where is the lack of choice?

• Plus1 2
18 hours ago, commando said:

you give 1 sentence every now and then saying you hate trump.   then proceed to make 20 posts demonizing the dems using trumps talking points.    i wonder how i could ever think you are a trumper flying a false flag

Because as progressives, corporate democrats are not our friends. Case in point. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

No, it's because they resort to them sometimes, because some progressives seem content to demonize Republicans and their moderate allies alike. My experience has been that these progressives seem more interested in criticizing everything and loudly proclaiming how much better and smarter they are than everyone else than getting things done.

Which is obviously not productive.

Its because we stand for something (universal healthcare, liveable wage, saving the planet, criminal justice reform, affordable education and fixing student loan debt crisis) and these “allies” who stand for nothing other than they are not Donald Trump and the US is better than this are fighting as hard as republicans to make sure these proposals are not passed. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

So you’re happy with “Trumps” until a progressive wins?

Im speaking for myself when I say no. I will absolutely vote for whoever the dem nominee is. But there will be another Trump. A worse Trump as long as we keep electing neoliberal centrists that dont do anything to fix the actual issues. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, commando said:

so we have a choice...extreme right or extreme left.   it's the centrists who are the real enemy?

What is the extreme left? Giving folks healthcare, making prisons non-profit so there is no profit motive to incarcerating people, legalizing marijuana, saving the planet, making education a priority? What part do you disagree with?

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

What is the extreme left? Giving folks healthcare, making prisons non-profit so there is no profit motive to incarcerating people, legalizing marijuana, saving the planet, making education a priority? What part do you disagree with?

the never compromise on anything part.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, commando said:

the never compromise on anything part.

So lets say we compromise on healthcare which weve already done with the ACA. We get the public option and insurance companies still run the healthcare industry. They push all the sick people onto the govt. plan and prices soar and funding starts to suffer. While the private option has all the healthy people and prices remain low. The insurance company then claims “see private insurance is better because its so much cheaper while the public plan is hurting for funds and drying up”. Progressives can see it coming from a mile away while everyone else thinks its a step in the right direction. Why not get rid of the problem, in this case, the insurance companies, instead of letting the stink fester?

• Plus1 2